Arthur

xXKonan

Here's a question for you guys.

When was the last time we started a 22-year-old CM who never played in Europe before in such a game like the Classico and do as well as he did? Nothing really sticks out to me at this moment but I assume someone on this forum like BBZ could tell us.

soul24rage

When was the last time we started a 22-year-old CM who never played in Europe before in such a game like the Classico and do as well as he did? Nothing really sticks out to me at this moment but I assume someone on this forum like BBZ could tell us.

neymar did good in his first clasico. a goal and the winning assist

Edit: oh nvm, you said CM. my bad.

xXKonan

neymar did good in his first clasico. a goal and the winning assist

Edit: oh nvm, you said CM. my bad.
Yeah as a CM or just a Midfielder in General.

Just can't think of anyone else at this moment that fits the Criteria. This was Arthurs 6th appearance in the league coming straight from Brazil at the age of 22 and made a noticeable Impact in His very first Classico as a starter.

We have seen plenty of debuts to young Midfielders in the Classico as Subs but in Arthurs case and my question it seems very rare.

henias

:paulinho:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah as a CM or just a Midfielder in General.

Just can't think of anyone else at this moment that fits the Criteria. This was Arthurs 6th appearance in the league coming straight from Brazil at the age of 22 and made a noticeable Impact in His very first Classico as a starter.

We have seen plenty of debuts to young Midfielders in the Classico as Subs but in Arthurs case and my question it seems very rare.

His impact already looks like that of a truly elite player. The highest performances we've had this season have almost all come with Arthur starting the game.

He is the #1 ranked player in our squad for xG Buildup per 90 minutes which accounts for all the passes in the buildup to an expected goal aside from key passes and shots. And by a distance too, like a full .1 ahead of Rafinha in second place while the distribution between other players is much tighter.

If you include key passes and shots he's still our highest ranked midfielder comfortably (we can't really count Coutinho as a midfielder in this respect).

Both Rakitic and Busquets performances went from very below average to highly improved once Arthur began starting. When Arthur was on yesterday (first half) our midfield was dominating and when he faded so did our midfield as a whole. Perfect microcosm to show how much impact he has on the midfield individually. It's HIS presence in the center that is making the biggest impact in the squad right now, and it's not particularly close. To not only break into the starting lineup so soon but also be our most impactful midfielder is something truly special.

Last edited:

henias

Yeah, Arthur took a alot of pressure off Rakitic especially and Busquets, that's why they were playing much better. Genuiniely incredible, it's almost like a piece missing for quite a while now.

MTL_Barca

Well "22 year old CM who never played in Europe before starts clasico" is very specific :lol:

I don't even remember who the last player would be that fits the criteria at all. When did we even sign a young CM straight from SA for the last time?

Andresito

Staff member
It's fair to say adaption to a new continent, language and style of football doesn't mean shit if you have the right quality.

He went from playing against brazilian farmers to the world's best players. For Arthur, all opponents seem equal.

Last sunday he took his game to the next level. He actually made passes that led to chances, and I loved it.

EdmondDantes

It's fair to say adaption to a new continent, language and style of football doesn't mean shit if you have the right quality.

He went from playing against brazilian farmers to the world's best players. For Arthur, all opponents seem equal.

Last sunday he took his game to the next level. He actually made passes that led to chances, and I loved it.

He's actually been doing that for awhile now. Statistically, Arthur registered one 'key pass' vs Inter and 3 chances created vs Sevilla.

biraboyz

Banned
His impact already looks like that of a truly elite player. The highest performances we've had this season have almost all come with Arthur starting the game.

He is the #1 ranked player in our squad for xG Buildup per 90 minutes which accounts for all the passes in the buildup to an expected goal aside from key passes and shots. And by a distance too, like a full .1 ahead of Rafinha in second place while the distribution between other players is much tighter.

If you include key passes and shots he's still our highest ranked midfielder comfortably (we can't really count Coutinho as a midfielder in this respect).

Both Rakitic and Busquets performances went from very below average to highly improved once Arthur began starting. When Arthur was on yesterday (first half) our midfield was dominating and when he faded so did our midfield as a whole. Perfect microcosm to show how much impact he has on the midfield individually. It's HIS presence in the center that is making the biggest impact in the squad right now, and it's not particularly close. To not only break into the starting lineup so soon but also be our most impactful midfielder is something truly special.
this is what you call hyperbole, Arthur is already starting to be overrated in this forum.

Devils

Andre Cury deserves a a huge promotion and raise for signing this guy.

Damn, he is just incredible.

He's starting to make those offensive direct passes more and his hold-up and possession play is already unreal.

Xavi...

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans