Arthur

xXKonan

Some more Match highlights I also found from Reddit.

https://streamable.com/mf5n6

The more you watch him the more you kinda see a little bit of Iniesta and Busi in him as well. Guess it has to do with the running style and some of his turns as well.

Messigician

Show me another coach that would make a 22 year old player with no European experiance a starter.

Not even Pep would do this who is playing a bunch of oldies at city instead of Phil and Diaz.

Credit is due to EV for having the balls to start him in big games.

El Barcelona

Arthur the backpass marchant sounds really funny now. Haha. Love this guy, he's the type of player we needed badly a couple of years ago.

Andresito

Staff member
Show me another coach that would make a 22 year old player with no European experiance a starter.

Not even Pep would do this who is playing a bunch of oldies at city instead of Phil and Diaz.

Credit is due to EV for having the balls to start him in big games.

:troll:

Andresito

Staff member
MD report that the Camp Nou whistles were in fact towards Valverde for subbing Arthur.
In 6 starts, he's been subbed off in every single one.

raskolnikov

MD report that the Camp Nou whistles were in fact towards Valverde for subbing Arthur.
In 6 starts, he's been subbed off in every single one.
thats because Valverde is too pussy to sub Rakitic. He plays him to the end no matter how bad he plays. Arthur has less cloud so its easier to sub him. Shows how little power he has. Same with Coutinho/Suarez for example.

MTL_Barca

I think its fine to sub off Arthur regularly. He isn't used to playing on this level so its probably so he doesn't burn out too quick or get injured.

Sure Valverde likes to press out players like Rakitic and Suarez but they play on this level league-CL-league for years now and are used to it. Should still rest them more often ofc but i think its fine for Arthur. He gets a lot of starts so i don't think he'll mind it.

Raketa10

thats because Valverde is too pussy to sub Rakitic. He plays him to the end no matter how bad he plays. Arthur has less cloud so its easier to sub him. Shows how little power he has. Same with Coutinho/Suarez for example.

I don't even think it's about power, he is just defensively minded coach. Not subbing Rakitic was the right decision in yesteray's game though.

Gnidrologist

Defensively minded coach would leave a good controlling mid on for final minutes, when you need to defend the score. Especially at Barca, where we're used to defend by keepball. It's okay when nothing bad happens, like this time, because Inter was really toothless in attack, but last time (vs Sevilla?) we lost that midfield control, when he was subbed off. Maybe there is some stamina issues though. As someone said the tempo of play is very different in Brazil so he needs to acclimatize and he also runs his socks off every game.

raskolnikov

I don't even think it's about power, he is just defensively minded coach. Not subbing Rakitic was the right decision in yesteray's game though.

Still though, I feel if Iniesta was still here he would still be fully starting these matches. There has been plenty of times where Valverde choose seniority over what was actually needed in the match. Semedo/Dembele playing well while others suck yet they get subbed continiously.

fergus90

crowd was whistling the ref not giving a card for the foul before the substitute, then applauded arthur.

I'm sure they applauded Arthur but were whistling the fact he was being taken off after playing well. Either way he did great, hope it continues.

Home of Barca Fans