Arthur

BBZ8800

You probably started watching football last year or something, so I'm not even mad.

The amount of talent for him to do those twist, turns and beat the pressure are... nevermind why am I debating you

As said before the match, he is good in off the ball movement, turns, getting the ball out of our half and good when he is pressured.
He is still bad in forward passes.

Also, it was known that he will help a lot in Roma type of matches when we are pressured and when we can't get the ball out of our half.
On the other hand, we will find out whether he can adjust his game for midtable La liga teams who parked the bus, or against teams when we are losing 0:1 and when we need forward solutions.

Even though, true. He earned a coin tonight.

Total-Football

As said before the match, he is good in off the ball movement, turns, getting the ball out of our half and good when he is pressured.

Also, it was known that he will help a lot in Roma type of matches when we are pressured and when we can't get the ball out of our half.
On the other hand, we will find out whether he can adjust his game for midtable La liga teams who parked the bus, or against teams when we are losing 0:1 and when we need forward solutions.

the guy run 12.5 km in one game.. do not overlook that. you of all people would disappoint me if you try to cheat and.ignore a trait you cherish so much. i.e workoholism.

BBZ8800

the guy run 12.5 km in one game.. do not overlook that. you of all people would disappoint me if you try to cheat and.ignore a trait you cherish so much. i.e workoholism.

I would call him off the ball movement workhorse for now.
Because his kilometers came from that.

On the other hand, with Rakitic and to some extent Paulinho, their workhorse label came from defending, tackles, physical presence.
They don't move off the ball too much.

So, he is a slightly different worker for now.
About his defending, we will need to see more matches to test his pros and cons in that area.

He is good in a type of defending when you apply pressure and jump on a player like a bulldog.
But we'll need to see more of a classical defending when we are pushed into our own half, around our box, to estimate that part.

But he is the closest to workhorses out of Cou, Rafinha, Denis, Alena, Iniesta, Samper, Arda, true.

Gaudi

He looks good, good control, good understanding of the game, moves well in between the lines, excellent shielding of the ball.
He should really play more often.

Gnidrologist

He's already better than Rakitic at almost every aspect they should be compared in and he does provide more forward solutions by carrying the ball effectively and calmly towards our main offensive daggers, which Raki hasn't been competent at even at his peak form.

Danic

Haha look how bbz is trying to defend his bullshit agenda. Now he brings in the coins and offtheball workhorse. Like a little Child who doesnt know what to say :D
Just say it "It was pretty dumb to judge him from a few minutes/one game. My mistake"
Ofc we have to wait for further games before praising him but at least he showed how wrong u were in some points.

cro-man

Arthur is shielding the ball very well and its not easy to take the ball away from him. Spurs were very desperate many times and only saw a foul to stop him:lol: But right now he is more like a bee without a sting because he doesnt offer much in offense. He is more like busquets and rakitic . A team which park the bus will give us a hard time if we play busquets raki and arthur togehter. They are slow and dont provide enough support up front. Which means most likely no goals/less created chances and more counterattacks against us.

Lets see how arthur will work out he is still young and is already improving step by step.

Last edited:

vlad

Where did all the "backpass merchant" people go?

we can read here comments about praising him "shielding the ball" and "doing great under the pressure"

i didnt watch the match, but did he creat something? split opposition lines with forward passes?

Gnidrologist

Tbh we've been shit against parked buses since 2010 with still prime Iniesta and Xavi. Our best stint at breaking buses was at the height of MSN power, when Lucho made us play more direct and counterattacking. Doubt Valverde would ever try something like that. Without aerial threat or other alternative ways of scoring keepball teams always struggle against well set up buses now days.

henias

I think he is something we are missing for a long time, evidently. His connection with Messi just comes so naturally.

vlad

Tbh we've been shit against parked buses since 2010 with still prime Iniesta and Xavi. Our best stint at breaking buses was at the height of MSN power, when Lucho made us play more direct and counterattacking. Doubt Valverde would ever try something like that. Without aerial threat or other alternative ways of scoring keepball teams always struggle against well set up buses now days.

this, thats why, next competent coach who will be in charge, needs to implement counter attacking segment and balance team with off the ball workers and "joga bonito" players. Gameplay based on possession football only doesnt do well in CL, we could witness that and its still the same. You can play best possession football but against strong double deckers, that is not looking good.

EdmondDantes

Arthur was incredible.

Commentators and pundits couldn't get enough of him; Spurs own fans at the stadium were in awe of him, their message boards were full of praise as well.

He was born to play for Barcelona. No wonder Messi said what he said about him a few weeks ago.

And one more thing; I won't ever agree with people who say he's slow. Look at that recovery speed in the 31st minute. He's quick and agile. He looks like a proper athlete now too. Much, much leaner than when he first arrived for pre-season.

He was excellent at needling forward passes through to Messi and Coutinho last night. To think he has just turned 22 and will only get better and better. What a prospect.

Valverde deserves some credit for having the balls to start Arthur tonight after he's barely had any minutes so far. And then the lad goes and vindicates his decision.

Home of Barca Fans