Arthur

God Serena

When it comes to Seri, I really feel bad for him because according to an interview he did after the transfer window closed he revealed it was Nice who fucked the deal up and not us.

We had an agreement with 40 million euros which according to Seri and his agent was a gentleman's agreement clause as real release clauses weren't legal in France. But Nice torpedoed the deal at the last minute as they wanted 50 Million euros. The rumor was that PSG made an offer to Nice around that range for him and they wanted to use that to try and fleece us for more money.

As you can see it backfired and it pissed us off and we decided against signing him due to that.

So how are we going to spin this into blaming the board?

Asking for a friend.

xXKonan

So how are we going to spin this into blaming the board?

Asking for a friend.
In this case? I really can't find any reason to spin it if what Seri said was true which I really wouldn't doubt.

The only spin you can make is "With us deciding against signing Seri it opened to the door to spend the 40 million on Paulinho!" which can be spinned to be used in a positive or negative way whoever you ask. :lol:

serghei

When it comes to Seri, I really feel bad for him because according to an interview he did after the transfer window closed he revealed it was Nice who fucked the deal up and not us.

We had an agreement with 40 million euros which according to Seri and his agent was a gentleman's agreement clause as real release clauses weren't legal in France. But Nice torpedoed the deal at the last minute as they wanted 50 Million euros. The rumor was that PSG made an offer to Nice around that range for him and they wanted to use that to try and fleece us for more money.

As you can see it backfired and it pissed us off and we decided against signing him due to that.

Nice and PSG probably ruined his future.

xXKonan

Nice and PSG probably ruined his future.
There's probably more to this especially in regards to Nice.

Lucien Favre made it clear a number of times during that summer that it would be bad if they lost Seri. Dortmund around that time were sniffing around for Favre and he was also very interested in taking over as well.

Nice on the other hand wanted to keep him and I wouldn't be surprised if one of Favre's demands were to keep Seri. 40 million euros for a team like Nice is hard to turn down and we came in with that offer because that's the gentlemen's agreement between Seri and Nice.

Despite that gentleman's agreement Nice effectively managed to intentionally piss us off by using PSG's so called offer and in the end Nice got what they wanted, Seri and Favre stayed for one more season. It's no secret PSG were also interested in Seri but I really think Nice intentionally did what they did so they can keep both Manager and player for one more season.

In the end though Seri had a terrible season, Favre did as well and he would become Dortmund's manager and Seri went for around 30 million euros 10 Million less than what Nice originally wanted him for in 40 million to fucking Fulham.

booge

How come the classic generation of brazil players had brazlians sounding names 60's, 70's , 1994,1998, 2002. but alot now have old traditional English names such as Arthur, Fred, Bill, Nathan, Paul, Doug, Will, Oscar, Wallace, Ralf, Elvis, Lynneeker.

Look like a different breed also. lmao

Last edited:

serghei

There's probably more to this especially in regards to Nice.

Lucien Favre made it clear a number of times during that summer that it would be bad if they lost Seri. Dortmund around that time were sniffing around for Favre and he was also very interested in taking over as well.

Nice on the other hand wanted to keep him and I wouldn't be surprised if one of Favre's demands were to keep Seri. 40 million euros for a team like Nice is hard to turn down and we came in with that offer because that's the gentlemen's agreement between Seri and Nice.

Despite that gentleman's agreement Nice effectively managed to intentionally piss us off by using PSG's so called offer and in the end Nice got what they wanted, Seri and Favre stayed for one more season. It's no secret PSG were also interested in Seri but I really think Nice intentionally did what they did so they can keep both Manager and player for one more season.

In the end though Seri had a terrible season, Favre did as well and he would become Dortmund's manager and Seri went for around 30 million euros 10 Million less than what Nice originally wanted him for in 40 million to fucking Fulham.

Yep. Neymar money made a lot of teams think they could just extort Barca.

xXKonan

According to MD He's been impressing the players and technicians so far in training. With his passing ability, tactical positioning, being able to retain the ball in possession, his strength when holding onto the ball etc. in general it sounds like the players and coaches are impressed with how good he is with the ball and how easily he can do things especially when he just came from Brazil.

Sample size is small when it comes to players but I laugh at the idea of the likes of Gomes,Vidal,Douglas etc standing there watching Arthur and going holy shit you can do this with the ball?:lol:

istripador

How come the classic generation of brazil players had brazlians sounding names 60's, 70's , 1994,1998, 2002. but alot now have old traditional English names such as Arthur, Fred, Bill, Nathan, Paul, Doug, Will, Oscar, Wallace, Ralf, Elvis, Lynneeker.

Look like a different breed also. lmao

lol fred= frederico
oscar is a germanic name not english name is a common name in iberian and colonies
arthur is a latin or celtic name not british, is a arthur in portuguese and arturo in spanish
nathan is it's a biblical name not british

Home of Barca Fans