Arthur

Devils

FFS just saw the video package...

Incredible video! Arthur the next GOAT midfielder. His connection with Dembele is going to be elite FFS.

FCBfan22

We have enough defensive minded CDM's now. Busi, Rakitić, Arthur and an occasionaly called up Busi Jr should do the job. Now sell/loan Samper and buy an attacking midfielder.

impeh

Hi, its me..
sweet :barcascarf: excited to see what he can bring. Hopefully he will get some gametime now paulinho, iniesta and probably gomes will go

xXKonan

We have enough defensive minded CDM's now. Busi, Rakitić, Arthur and an occasionaly called up Busi Jr should do the job. Now sell/loan Samper and buy an attacking midfielder.
He would even be better pushed forward in a 4-3-3 as a #8 than playing in Busi's role IMO.

It's hard to gauge in Brazil but he's great defensively down there but he would be better being pushed up as a 8 in a 4-3-3. He's very mobile to pull that off compared to Rakitic and Busi who are better suited playing in a Pivot.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I was against Barca using 433 because rakitic isn’t good enough/wrong fit to fill the “Xavi role”. He works better in a double pivot. If Arthur is good enough then he is the right style of player to play that role. It will also bring the best out of busquets as he is better as a single pivot. Coutinho can take on the “iniesta role”

This could be a return to the classic Barca style many wanted. Difference between me and them is I knew using it with the players Barca had last season was stupid and doomed to fail. Also you need different options/workhorses for different situations and not be one dimensional.

Vilarrubi

I was against Barca using 433 because rakitic isn’t good enough/wrong fit to fill the “Xavi role”. He works better in a double pivot. If Arthur is good enough then he is the right style of player to play that role. It will also bring the best out of busquets as he is better as a single pivot. Coutinho can take on the “iniesta role”

This could be a return to the classic Barca style many wanted. Difference between me and them is I knew using it with the players Barca had last season was stupid and doomed to fail. Also you need different options/workhorses for different situations and not be one dimensional.

Exactly my thoughts but can’t see Valverde giving Arthur that starting spot and dropping Rakitic.

xXKonan

Exactly my thoughts but can’t see Valverde giving Arthur that starting spot and dropping Rakitic.
Good news for Rakitic is he will probably be rested more. And he needs it considering how much he has played.

Arthur will probably be a Rakitic sub off the bench/rotation player for him. Which right now is probably the best option for him to get adapted.

Jombi

Good news for Rakitic is he will probably be rested more. And he needs it considering how much he has played.

Arthur will probably be a Rakitic sub off the bench/rotation player for him. Which right now is probably the best option for him to get adapted.

Yeah, thats probably whats going to happen. We need at least another midfielder though.

Home of Barca Fans