Arthur

xXKonan

[tw]1005876650263924738[/tw]

Another Moises Piece.

He says Valverde was informed this week that negoatations are on track to bring Arthur in early.

gregorrin10

Would be nice to see him here next month already, have a full pre-season and get integrated by January, not come by then. Will be interesting to see what happens with De Jong and possibly Thiago, if Arthur really is coming in the summer already. I would buy Thiago, if he comes for less than 60M, and get De Jong and loan him back to Ajax for a season. Otherwise get De Jong now too, and even though it's betting on youth again, at least this time we'd be getting the right profile in both Arthur and De Jong, and not another Gomes. In any case, get both, De Jong can be, besides the obvious CM option, also the 4th CB option and also rotation for Busquets, which we need anyway, especially if the club won't give Samper at least one season of proving his worth here, which would be shame itself, but it's still likely to happen.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It also says Gomes is set to leave while Denis' future at Barca is in doubt too even though he assumes he'll continue.

gregorrin10

It also says Gomes is set to leave while Denis' future at Barca is in doubt too even though he assumes he'll continue.

God, i hope we can actually sell Gomes, not just freaking loan him. Getting rid of Gomes, Vidal and Douglas this summer would be an even bigger win than getting Griezmann. :lol: While i'm undecided on Denis. I like him and his dedication very much, and i wish he would stick it out, and then rise like Sergi Roberto has. And he has shown flashes of brilliance, but at the same time i just don't think he'll ever be good enough to feature regularly for Barca. And getting rid of him might help youngsters like Alena and Riqui Puig develop better in the next few years. Not to mention if we're getting both Arthur and De Jong as well, both with a much higher ceiling and younger than Denis, and Rafinha for that matter. Again, Rafa could be useful too, like he has shown in the past few years, but i think it might be better to cash in and move on from both Denis and Rafinha, they've had enough chances here, i think.

Last edited:

Nothanks

denis wouldn't really be fighting arthur / thiago for a spot though, he'd play more as RM/LMand we're lacking in those, so i doubt denis has much to worry about this summer.

M

MessiCam

Denis will get another season by the looks of it. If all those midfield signings happen then I can see Coutinho in the advanced role with Denis deputising for him.

JamDav1982

Great, so he gave him the ball back.

Was going to say the same.

What is impressive there? Be impressive if takes ball and progress play not some reacting turn to give it back where came from.

As bad as the miss hit cross from other day that was being talked about as some great effort as hit woodwork.

Felipetonelo

Agree that wasn't impressive, but no need to criticize Arthur. He did a move to keep the ball while being pressed.

I can't remember the last time a Barca midfielder (except Iniesta) received the ball being pressed by 2 guys and kept the ball long enough to make a pass.

I would like to add that probably 99% of people here don't watch full games of Arthur and judge him based on 3 minutes of highlights or in this case 5 seconds.

As I said a couple times, there are some players that aren't Neymar type, who could have a 1 minute video with hundreds of dribbles, feints and flashy moves. Arthur's reading of game, knowing when to accelerate, when to keep possession, when to play long, when to play short, all these things you can't see in Youtube. Also, this year he improved in defensive phase, intercepting and recovering more balls each game, using more his body and speed. So again, I see Arthur playing every 3/4 days and he's better than his highlights.

Of course anyone can judge based on 1 second if they want but maybe it's not the best way to rate a player.

Last edited:

snowy

It's not like it was Arthur who was bragging, it's that Fabiano guy.

Arthur got a ball in a crowded tight spot and getting double rushed, he executed a good turn + pass. Receiving dude could've made a quick pass to the LFB who'd have relayed it forward to the isolated LW. Winger could've then sprinted forward and cross or cut towards goal with only 1 defender to beat.

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL !!!!!! :lol:

SeloBarca

the less we compare him to xavi, the better or all of you will be massively disappointed.

The less YOU do it i think.
Theres alot of people here that thinks people that compare him to Xavi thinks he will be as good as Xavi.
Noone ever will, but players can have similiar moves.

Home of Barca Fans