Arthur

serghei

Still don't want to sign a midfielder? @serghei

He will be useless to us from January. He's not an established star like Coutinho that Valverde will use a lot, and even Coutinho Valverde subbed out a lot and sometimes didn't play when he could have.

I want 3 midfielders, but if Griezmann is signed then it's Arthur and no one else. Everybody knows that so there's little point in talking about it too much. The pro Bartomeu media is already trying to push Alena as a new midfield signing. :lol: As if he's gonna play much under this manager.

Saladin

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFcU_lYhlk[/youtube]

I know few signings end up fulfilling the expectations set at first glance, but I can not help but to be extremely excited about Arthur joining us; the buzz in Brazil's media outlets, the style of play, his control and flair with the ball... It most often than not goes wrong with transfers, but when it goes just right, as was the case with Neymar (only talentwise, not the whole 'off the field' frenzy)... Some true magic can happen!

clemente

So wtf is our midfield lineup then if Arthur doesn't come in summer? And people here even want Coutinho on the wing lmfao. Denis Busquets Rakitic Paulinho? 3 years ago we went into a summer thinking that we need to rebuild our midfield, we didn't buy shit or we bought shit like Gomes, next year the same and this is what we have now?

Last edited:

Joan

[youtube]PKFcU_lYhlk[/youtube]

I know few signings end up fulfilling the expectations set at first glance, but I can not help but to be extremely excited about Arthur joining us; the buzz in Brazil's media outlets, the style of play, his control and flair with the ball... It most often than not goes wrong with transfers, but when it goes just right, as was the case with Neymar (only talentwise, not the whole 'off the field' frenzy)... Some true magic can happen!

When you want to post a video, post only what's after 'whatch...' and with no url tags. Doesn't work the other way.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Alik

So wtf is our midfield lineup then if Arthur doesn't come in summer? And people here even want Coutinho on the wing lmfao. Denis Busquets Rakitic Paulinho? 3 years ago we went into a summer thinking that we need to rebuild our midfield, we didn't buy shit or we bought shit like Gomes, next year the same and this is what we have now?

The people who want Coutinho on the wing are the people who want the midfield to be reinforced.

M

MessiCam

The people who want Coutinho on the wing are the people who want the midfield to be reinforced.

Midfield needs reinforcements regardless of Coutinho playing as a midfielder or winger. Even in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 without reinforcements you’re stuck with Rakitic because Busquets is irreplaceable.

Jombi

Rakitic needs competition and he also needs someone to play next to him. Rakitic will turn 31 years old so let us try to phase out aging players in due time for once. Not wait until their aging ruins our season because of lack of preparedness.

Jcar

One thing started to worry me. Look at a video of WILSHERE at 19 years old playing against us. If he appeared today and made that game, would we buy it? He seems awesome, maybe better than Arthur and still did not make it. I'm overreacting, right?

[youtube]po5DazbfcB8[/youtube]

Anyway, this at 19 years against Barcelona from 2011 ... Amazing. At the time, I think we should have gone for him. Okay, now it's easy to say that he did not reach what people tought he would, but still ...

xXKonan

To be fair to Wilshire while he was undoubtedly talented his injuries pretty much ruined what was going to be a promising career for him.

Nothanks

wilshere looked better than xavi as-well at that age doesn't mean much

robinho looked better than ronaldinho at his early teens, again doesn't mean much

MTL_Barca

Wilshire isn't really a prime example of a player not holding up to his potential. He simply was injured way too often for that claim, i don't remember if there were any indication about being prone to injuries at this age but i doubt it so how should one know he ends up like that? He was very talented and imo would've become a world class CM without the health problems but we'll never know.

Joan

I wouldn't use Wilshere as an example of a player who didn't make it. Didn't realise his potential maybe, but he made it in spite of injuries.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He might go to the WC after all as Renato Augusto is still having issues with his knee.

Jcar

Any reports claiming it might be him?

He's not fit either, I think.

He would be fit enought at the start of the world cup. But i think that he is going to call Lucas Paqueta, Renato Augusto was called as a AM. If he calls Arthur, Tite would have 3 CMs (Fred, Paulinho and Arthur), 2 DMs (Fernandinho and Casemiro) and Coutinho.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans