Arthur

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to MD, if we ant to bring him in the summer we would need to pay an additional 10 million for him.

says the club won't do that so they will wait to bring him in in the winter instead.

Still don't want to sign a midfielder? @serghei

He will be useless to us from January. He's not an established star like Coutinho that Valverde will use a lot, and even Coutinho Valverde subbed out a lot and sometimes didn't play when he could have.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Still don't want to sign a midfielder? @serghei

He will be useless to us from January. He's not an established star like Coutinho that Valverde will use a lot, and even Coutinho Valverde subbed out a lot and sometimes didn't play when he could have.

plus you don't try to develop player chemistry in the business end of the season

Joan

Indeed. The most he can contribute with from January is rest our players for the CL in the easier La Liga games.

Would be enough if we signed a quality midfielder in Rakitić's place.

I wouldn't pay 10m more to get him now.

DonAK

Would be enough if we signed a quality midfielder in Rakitić's place.

I wouldn't pay 10m more to get him now.

I agree, which is why I don't want Rabiot. I want a quality midfielder that is an upgrade on Rakitic. I don't think Rabiot is really that yet, and then he's known to be lazy when shit doesn't go his way or feel entitled and start publicly complaining.

Joan

I agree, which is why I don't want Rabiot. I want a quality midfielder that is an upgrade on Rakitic. I don't think Rabiot is really that yet, and then he's known to be lazy when shit doesn't go his way or feel entitled and start publicly complaining.

I like Rabiot as an option, like the type, but you are right. Too similar to Rakitić to make a difference. Checked his stats, he manages fewer key passes than Ivan in a way weaker league. Might not be the most important stat out there, but tells one a lot.

We don't need someone only to cover, need creative power in the midfield on the right since there's Dani Alves no more.

For me, Thiago seems to be the best option.

DonAK

I like Rabiot as an option, like the type, but you are right. Too similar to Rakitić to make a difference. Checked his stats, he manages fewer key passes than Ivan in a way weaker league. Might not be the most important stat out there, but tells one a lot.

We don't need someone only to cover, need creative power in the midfield on the right since there's Dani Alves no more.

For me, Thiago seems to be the best option.

I think it's a significant stat along with chances created. We need a midfielder able to do that and Rabiot is poor in that aspect playing in a super team in a weak league.

Joan

I think it's a significant stat along with chances created. We need a midfielder able to do that and Rabiot is poor in that aspect playing in a super team in a weak league.

For a team which wants to play attacking football, it's important. And we lack there.

Stats for La Liga this season (player, key passes, big chances created):
- Real Madrid -
Modrić, 1,5, 11
Kroos, 2,4, 13
Casemiro, 0,8, 7
Isco, 1,6, 11

- Barcelona -
Busquets, 0,8, 2
Rakitić, 0,9, 10
Iniesta, 0,6, 6
Paulinho, 0,4, 5
Coutinho, 1,6, 9

The difference is huge considering we won in the end.

FCBfan22

For a team which wants to play attacking football, it's important. And we lack there.

Stats for La Liga this season (player, key passes, big chances created):
- Real Madrid -
Modrić, 1,5, 11
Kroos, 2,4, 13
Casemiro, 0,8, 7
Isco, 1,6, 11

- Barcelona -
Busquets, 0,8, 2
Rakitić, 0,9, 10
Iniesta, 0,6, 6
Paulinho, 0,4, 5
Coutinho, 1,6, 9

The difference is huge considering we won in the end.

Coutinho doing that in half of a season is amazing. Can't wait for the whole season. We need another player like that.

FinBarcelonafan

Paulinho is more of a finisher than creator, so wrong statistic to watch his contribution. He did very well.

These statistics would be different for Real as well If they had Messi. Messi is above everyone else ìn almost every attacking category in LaLiga. Our midfield doesn't have to create as much as Real Madrid. Simple as that.

Joan

Paulinho is more of a finisher than creator, so wrong statistic to watch his contribution. He did very well.

These statistics would be different for Real as well If they had Messi. Messi is above everyone else ìn almost every attacking category in LaLiga. Our midfield doesn't have to create as much as Real Madrid. Simple as that.

Who said he'd done badly? Posted the stats of all main midfielders of both teams.

That's our main problem. Messi will always be the focal point but he mustn't be the only one. That way, we are easily stopped.

Joan

Coutinho doing that in half of a season is amazing. Can't wait for the whole season. We need another player like that.

He's played different roles this season, can't wait for his next. Will be very interesting to see if the stats are different.

FinBarcelonafan

Who said he'd done badly? Posted the stats of all main midfielders of both teams.

That's our main problem. Messi will always be the focal point but he mustn't be the only one. That way, we are easily stopped.

Hardly easy to stop, but the problem is more to do with only having one plan and if it doesn't work we are screwed. Real can score many different ways, that's why they are so good vs different opponents.

We are like Guardiolas team(only one tactic and pray it works). It hasn't worked in years in CL.. At least we used to have our counters but even in those we suck today without Neymars speed and while Dembele is riding the bench. This team needs speed, fresh legs..

Joan

Hardly easy to stop, but the problem is more to do with only having one plan and if it doesn't work we are screwed. Real can score many different ways, that's why they are so good vs different opponents.

We are like Guardiolas team(only one tactic and pray it works). It hasn't worked in years in CL.. At least we used to have our counters but even in those we suck today without Neymars speed and while Dembele is riding the bench. This team needs speed, fresh legs..

Look how Juve stopped us last season. It's not easy since Messi is one of the best players ever, but there are ways and they are working.

When Messi plays centrally operating as a false 9 most teams use 4-2-3-1, double-pivot formations which are designed to make it tough for creators in that area.

But when opponents mark Messi, there is room left and that's why you need a creative midfield.

I always say we need a plan B but that's another discussion. In the past, when the midfield and the FBs were creative, there were teams who stopped us and won in the end, but we had our chances.

Andrew M

Look how Juve stopped us last season. It's not easy since Messi is one of the best players ever, but there are ways and they are working.

When Messi plays centrally operating as a false 9 most teams use 4-2-3-1, double-pivot formations which are designed to make it tough for creators in that area.

But when opponents mark Messi, there is room left and that's why you need a creative midfield.

I always say we need a plan B but that's another discussion. In the past, when the midfield and the FBs were creative, there were teams who stopped us and won in the end, but we had our chances.

You need people making runs, though. Runs make passes. It' easy to defend against a team when everyone wants the ball to feet and is coming short.

Home of Barca Fans