Lliga | Round 4: Getafe CF - FC Barcelona 1-2

JamDav1982

It's probably the boards decision over a footballing one to try and keep Roberto happy despite Semedo showing much more in 3/4 games at RB than Roberto ever has.

I think Semedo should be given a run of games so he integrates well.. how's he meant to be like Alves like he said he wants to aim for when he gets rotated constantly.

Saying that if we can't beat Getafe with Roberto RB there is something wrong.

It will have nothing to do with the board.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would you rather him pull a Lucho and we drop points? Better to be be safe than sorry in these tricky early away matches. We can rest at home against Eibar in a couple days.

No, I can understand why he isn't rotating right now as Madrid got a challenging away game tomorrow.

He want to keep the pressure going.

What I don't understand is him benching one of our best players last few games for someone who isn't comfortable at RB, especially when the rest of the team is the same.

Makes very little sense unless it's to keep a particular player happy.

Semedo need to play regularly to keep adapting and building a connection with the team.

PhilS

S. Roberto has beaten out both Vidal and Digne for those two backup spots. We'll see him at 5 positions this year, if injuries do not open up a regular starting spot for him. Very valuable player for this team.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">Barça XI:<br>1.Ter Stegen<br>3.Piqué<br>4.Rakitic<br>5.Sergio<br>8.Iniesta<br>9.Suárez<br>10.Messi<br>11.Dembélé<br>18.J.Alba<br>20.S.Roberto<br>23.Umtiti<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/For%C3%A7aBar%C3%A7a?src=hash">#ForçaBarça</a></p>— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) <a href="https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/909041473060003840">September 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Forca Barca

dostoevskij

well to be fair, nobody here knows if maybe semedo has a small problem, is exhausted, needs a small break after two high running games in a few days.

so with the information available one cannot conclude its only because they want to keep sergi happy. i personally think that ernesto wants to keep a low profile with Semedo, who has a very energetic game style and to ease him into this team this season. nobody wants another Alba, who at the beginning missed a loto of games every season because of his style and him not rotating much.

Ken_rosseneri

well to be fair, nobody here knows if maybe semedo has a small problem, is exhausted, needs a small break after two high running games in a few days.

so with the information available one cannot conclude its only because they want to keep sergi happy. i personally think that ernesto wants to keep a low profile with Semedo, who has a very energetic game style and to ease him into this team this season. nobody wants another Alba, who at the beginning missed a loto of games every season because of his style and him not rotating much.

you got a point there but at the same time Semedo is what? 23 years... that boy should be full of energy, which he is.. it irks me when i see Roberto at RB... i'm very sure if lucho never experiemented him at RB Valverde would never have thought of this.. soo annoying..

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Good, Valverde learned a lot from Lucho's stupid decisions and Roberto usually does well at RB against poorer teams.

5ergio_Busquets

Second away game, second time it's Roberto at RB! Interesting.
Slowbero is not a smart decision against a team who is expected to play on counter attack.

kattanib

Great lineup and we will win and all ... BUT once again, Iniesta's selfish attitude, wanting "to be respected", has apparently forced EV to play Roberto as a RB

Home of Barca Fans