Lliga | Round 4: Getafe CF - FC Barcelona 1-2

khaled_a_d

Hope you're right! From the lineup I saw it didn't look to me like they rested anyone though.

On the other hand RM miss many players and have played 3 more games already (Spanish and European super cups),would bet that they have more players who played during international break too.
Sociedad is in great shape for this, but if RM got a win it could change the momentum for them

raskolnikov

If there ever was a time for sociedad to beat Real its this weekend. No Marcelo/Ronaldo/Benzema and la real is in great form.
It would be great if we can have them at 6/7 points already.

Devils

DJx0a7-W0AMBB0a.jpg

Paco Alcacer, Aleix Vidal, Digne and Vermaelen left out. Rafinha and Arda Turan injured.

Gotta say I do feel bad for Digne for being left out like this, EV should use him more.

xXKonan

With Valverde reviving False 9 Messi, Paco's role in the team has pretty much all but vanished at the moment.

With the presence of Semedo,Roberto,Dembele,Denis,Deulofeu and even Suarez on the LWF Vidal's is stuck as a Third string RB backup and Fifth string RW/LW backup now. Verm it was obvious he wasn't going to be ahead of Masche,Umtiti and Pique in the pecking order.

Digne though he has more of a real chance of playing as he's our only LB backup we have.

Last edited:

serghei

I wouldn't like too many rotations. We should do more rotations on Camp Nou. Teams are more likely to collapse there than at their home ground.

xXKonan

The two I'm the most concerned with are Alba and Iniesta. Iniesta being 33 and has his fair share of injury problems needs rest himself and Alba is not exactly made out of steel himself either and I'm afraid like Iniesta if they get overplayed to much they will get injured.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thing is he coached Bilbao which was a smaller club and didn't need to keep everyone happy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He said there will be rotations.

[formation=barca,6]
ter Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Semedo-0-Mascherano-0-Umtiti-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Denis-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Suarez-0
[/formation]

Paulinho, Deulofeu and Roberto to come on in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Not the best game for major rotations. Eibar in the Camp Nou will be the better time for that.

[formation=barca,6]
ter Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Semedo-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Suarez-0
[/formation]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Denis, Gomes or our other players cannot be trusted to rest Iniesta for one game in a better system against Getafe of all teams then they have nothing to do in Barcelona.

We have some intense games coming up next month and I fear an injury to The Don if he keep playing back to back games.

jairzinho

Madrid is in the Anoeta this weekend so we have a good chance to put more distance between us and them. Better to take advantage of this now as they seem to be going through a 'mini crisis' of sorts. I would prefer we start the Don and then make changes in the 2nd half.

xXKonan

I think Valverde will be cautious when it comes to rotations. Lucho rotated like a madman every chance he got, and while I understood Lucho's intentions, he overdid it a lot and it bit us in the ass last season in a lot of cases unfortunately.

I think we will at least see three changes tomorrow.

Neymessi

No matter what the team, away games are never a good place to rotate. Anything can happen in away games. A better bet would be to rotate at camp nou in easy fixtures.

Home of Barca Fans