CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Juventus 3-0

Capitan Puyol

This Juve team in La Liga will be in the middle of the table. So deluded Juve fans must pray every day, that their team play in the mediocre Calcio...

beogatts

a win n a clean sheet. thts all i wanted to see.
dembele still hav time to adapt. at least juve was guarding him n giving messi space to shoot.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Good game overall. Semedo was the highlight for me, everyone else played as expected. Agree with the sentiment about Suarez on the left though. Had a feeling this is what it would look like when Dembele started fitting in, he just doesn't have the pace of Villa or Henry mainly for it to work on the left.

At least until January though, we are stuck with this unless Deulofeu starts to improve.

We did well from a defensive standpoint. They had a lot of shots but they were mostly speculative long-range efforts. Ter Stegen didn't need to make any particularly difficult saves. Although Dybala did fuck up a one-on-one with him. And Pique did need to make a goal line clearance but the game was already dead then.

Offensively, I feel the scoreline flattered us somewhat. It was mainly due to clinical finishing by Messi and Rakitic. Relied too much on Messi to create chances. Midfield still needs work. Chances came easier in the second half after we scored though.

coke

HAPPY about the win. One thing we hopefully Change soon, is the Front three formation. In my openion to Player suarez on the Wings is holy shit ... and that Luis left leo in the middle and ousman on the right is a crazy shit, Do you agree?

JamDav1982

HAPPY about the win. One thing we hopefully Change soon, is the Front three formation. In my openion to Player suarez on the Wings is holy shit ... and that Luis left leo in the middle and ousman on the right is a crazy shit, Do you agree?

Scored 8 goals in last two games with that front line.... well Duelofeu for Dembele but Dembele clearly the better player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
ter Stegen:

“We have changed the way we play a little because of new ideas from the Coach"

“Now we treat each game differently and have a different outlook, we believe we are flexible and adaptable with a lot of quality throughout the team - this system suits us and we can change it at any time."

“Dybala? He is a fantastic talent but the main threat of Juventus comes from their team game."

“Buffon? He is an idol for everyone not just because of his quality but his longevity as he's playing at a tremendous level at an age when most players have already retired - I have a lot of respect for him."

“Revenge for last season? No, the past is the past and we don't think about that, we have to focus on what we are capable of and keep looking forward.”

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
This Juve team in La Liga will be in the middle of the table. So deluded Juve fans must pray every day, that their team play in the mediocre Calcio...
They'd be top 4 in La Liga. I don't think any team would finish top 2...not with us and Real.

cro-man

Awfull first half with messi saving the day again. Better second half as we gained more confidence and it was enough this weak juve side. For me the best player besides messi was umtiti. Man he is brilliant on and off the ball. He was everywhere and this as a defender. He is improving and improving and for me one of the best defenders right now if not the best. He is so talanted and only 23 years old. WOW!

El Flaco

From two of Sweden's biggest newspapers (Aftonbladet & Expressen) on Lionel Messi after the game

Title from Aftonbladet: The referee is praised - punished Messi (for giving him a yellow card).

UiW2AXL.jpg

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/bAM1B/efter-turbulensen--barca-slog-juventus-med-30

Titles from Expressen: "Messis showed why he's the best player in the world" and "Messi's incredible show: He's fantastic"

95VpfxD.jpg

http://www.expressen.se/sport/kroni...-visade-varfor-han-ar-varldens-basta-spelare/

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/champions-league/messis-galna-show-han-ar-makalos/

El Flaco

Also, Norway's current NT coach Lars Lagerbäck and someone else had a long rant about Messi's yellow card in Viasat Studio after the game :lol:

Home of Barca Fans