Do you think La Liga should close the transfer market before the season starts?

Should La Liga close the transfer market before the season starts?

• Total voters

El Flaco

Today, it's been revealed that EPL have decided to end their transfer window at 17:00 on Thursday before the start of next season.

Although EPL-clubs can still sell their players to foreign clubs across Europe until at the end of August.

[tw]905783515727441921[/tw]

Should our league follow their example or is it better to stick with the current system?

What do you think guys?

defyqa

I'm a proponent of totally ebolishing transfer windows. So you can buy/sell players all year long.

blackrum

I'm a proponent of totally ebolishing transfer windows. So you can buy/sell players all year long.

And have PSG pay Neymar's release clause a week before the Champion's League final

Edit: I'm in favour of the idea. The 31 August deadline seems arbitrary and really only hampers preparations for the season. The team should be set once the season starts.

BarçaBarça

It would give a lot more calm beginning for the big clubs like ours, and everything can very easily be resolved with less time than now.

For the ones who needs to qualify for CL or Europa League through games it would be bad, though, because they don't know their budget/needs for the season.

LeeRomeno

It would give a lot more calm beginning for the big clubs like ours, and everything can very easily be resolved with less time than now.

For the ones who needs to qualify for CL or Europa League through games it would be bad, though, because they don't know their budget/needs for the season.

Think top 4 leagues do not need to qualify for CL from next season. Probably why UK big clubs accepted this.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No need to change a thing there. There are more pressing things to change. Like Qatari scum ****** European football.

BarçaBarça

Think top 4 leagues do not need to qualify for CL from next season. Probably why UK big clubs accepted this.

No clubs from those leagues, or what? If that is the case, then I can see why the change was implemented, and I guess it is likely to be followed in Spain, actually..

LeeRomeno

No clubs from those leagues, or what? If that is the case, then I can see why the change was implemented, and I guess it is likely to be followed in Spain, actually..

Yes, top 4 ranked leagues get top 4 teams to CL groups. That is what big clubs demanded from Uefa to stop their elite league idea. And Uefa gave in.

springfield

The transfer window will close for buying players in the Premier League! This rule will not help to prevent cases like Neymar, or Coutinho for Liverpool. Now, Barcelona or PSG can still go and buy Coutinho from Liverpool on august 31/sept 1. It will make things harder for other countries. They need to buy players from PL teams asap because they will sell players less likely after their window is already closed early august.

Last edited:

Windhook

I think it's an extreme measure. Just like Brexit. They talk about players unhappiness in October-November period. Well then think about their unhappiness in March-April. It's the same thing. A reserve player will never deliver 100% no matter what time of the year it is.

Home of Barca Fans