User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should La Liga close the transfer market before the season starts?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 53.66%
  • No

19 46.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think La Liga should close the transfer market before the season starts?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think La Liga should close the transfer market before the season starts?

Today, it's been revealed that EPL have decided to end their transfer window at 17:00 on Thursday before the start of next season.

Although EPL-clubs can still sell their players to foreign clubs across Europe until at the end of August.

Should our league follow their example or is it better to stick with the current system?

What do you think guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a proponent of totally ebolishing transfer windows. So you can buy/sell players all year long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defyqa View Post
    I'm a proponent of totally ebolishing transfer windows. So you can buy/sell players all year long.
    And have PSG pay Neymar's release clause a week before the Champion's League final

Edit: I'm in favour of the idea. The 31 August deadline seems arbitrary and really only hampers preparations for the season. The team should be set once the season starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Exciting times for PSG supporters. Mbappe this summer, Dembele next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would give a lot more calm beginning for the big clubs like ours, and everything can very easily be resolved with less time than now.

For the ones who needs to qualify for CL or Europa League through games it would be bad, though, because they don't know their budget/needs for the season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave it as it is right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    It would give a lot more calm beginning for the big clubs like ours, and everything can very easily be resolved with less time than now.

For the ones who needs to qualify for CL or Europa League through games it would be bad, though, because they don't know their budget/needs for the season.
    Think top 4 leagues do not need to qualify for CL from next season. Probably why UK big clubs accepted this.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to change a thing there. There are more pressing things to change. Like Qatari scum ****** European football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    No need to change a thing there. There are more pressing things to change. Like Qatari scum ****** European football.
    La Liga can't do anything about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    Think top 4 leagues do not need to qualify for CL from next season. Probably why UK big clubs accepted this.
    No clubs from those leagues, or what? If that is the case, then I can see why the change was implemented, and I guess it is likely to be followed in Spain, actually..

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    La Liga can't do anything about that.
    No? I imagine if Real and Barca took the issue and made a fuss with Uefa, I bet there would be repercussions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    No? I imagine if Real and Barca took the issue and made a fuss with Uefa, I bet there would be repercussions.
    Uefa isn't La Liga.

Point is, this and that are completely unrelated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    No clubs from those leagues, or what? If that is the case, then I can see why the change was implemented, and I guess it is likely to be followed in Spain, actually..
    Yes, top 4 ranked leagues get top 4 teams to CL groups. That is what big clubs demanded from Uefa to stop their elite league idea. And Uefa gave in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, winter mercato should also be abolished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transfer window will close for buying players in the Premier League! This rule will not help to prevent cases like Neymar, or Coutinho for Liverpool. Now, Barcelona or PSG can still go and buy Coutinho from Liverpool on august 31/sept 1. It will make things harder for other countries. They need to buy players from PL teams asap because they will sell players less likely after their window is already closed early august.
    Last edited by springfield; 8th September 2017 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's an extreme measure. Just like Brexit. They talk about players unhappiness in October-November period. Well then think about their unhappiness in March-April. It's the same thing. A reserve player will never deliver 100% no matter what time of the year it is.