Agusti Benedito

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Man deserves a thread.

Benedito-1.jpg

Agusti Benedito was born in Barcelona on 22 June 1964. He is the man leading the charge against the current board.

His bio from the official site: https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/card/agusti-benedito-bio

Devils

He talks a lot of sense and is doing very admirable work. It's a very difficult battle, but he's showing leadership and has earned the respect of a lot of Barca fans.

JamDav1982

He resigned due to the 'Uzbekistan case' it says on his bio.

Good money making for Laporta on the back of the club back then. What did Benedito have to do with it?

SeloBarca

He should try and get the support from Xavi, Puyol etc.
Both has expressed their desire to come back to work for the club one day.
Puyol has worked as assistant director of football before and clearly left becouse of the board.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For what is worth "Ara" (Catalan papers) are not ignoring him like Mundo Deportivo.

El Flaco

Not sure if it's already mentioned in Bartomeu thread, but an official statement on vote of no-confidence

[tw]903628251318366208[/tw]

SPORT gave him a full interview as well, and he had an interview with RAC1 last night.

[tw]904316395646849025[/tw]

[tw]904473230467092481[/tw]

Can anyone please make a decent summary of what Benedito said in his interview with RAC1?

Some few lines of quotes isn't really enough tbh.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Not sure if it's already mentioned in Bartomeu thread, but an official statement on vote of no-confidence

[tw]903628251318366208[/tw]

[tw]904316395646849025[/tw]

[tw]904473230467092481[/tw]

Can anyone please make a decent summary of what Benedito said in his interview with RAC1?

Some few lines of quotes isn't really enough tbh.

It is a relatively short talk, it is only 20 mins.
He talks about the crisis in the club and gives his reasons from Qatar deals to Rosell influence and then says that due to the voting threshold having been raised to 15 percent, the job of collecting the signatures is a real challenge. Interestingly enough he says if they get the signatures the vote is a sure win. I always thought getting the signatures is the hard part. But Benedito has a different view on this.
He is then talks about who else has supported him and thinks Laporta supports him despite not speaking up and that every soci should be aware of the state of the club right now. He is also says that he definitely plans to run for presidency and will share his plans in due time.

He also says that even though Cardoner says Saturdays are non-working day for Barca and the deadline for collecting the signatures is September 19, They don't agree and think the deadline will be on October 2. This part has me worried to some extent. Whose word is going to be followed in the end? This is a major difference, and I want to know how this is supposed to be solved, anyone has any info on this?

George_Costanza

Agusti will find more support with TV3 and Catalunya Radio. The director of tv3 is Vincent Sanchis a friend of Laporta and dislike Rosell and Bartomeu. Some of the most powerful media personalities in Barceloan like Jaume Roures want to see Bartomeu out too.

El Flaco

It is a relatively short talk, it is only 20 mins.
He talks about the crisis in the club and gives his reasons from Qatar deals to Rosell influence and then says that due to the voting threshold having been raised to 15 percent, the job of collecting the signatures is a real challenge. Interestingly enough he says if they get the signatures the vote is a sure win. I always thought getting the signatures is the hard part. But Benedito has a different view on this.
He is then talks about who else has supported him and thinks Laporta supports him despite not speaking up and that every soci should be aware of the state of the club right now. He is also says that he definitely plans to run for presidency and will share his plans in due time.

He also says that even though Cardoner says Saturdays are non-working day for Barca and the deadline for collecting the signatures is September 19, They don't agree and think the deadline will be on October 2. This part has me worried to some extent. Whose word is going to be followed in the end? This is a major difference, and I want to know how this is supposed to be solved, anyone has any info on this?

Cheers mate! :)

Home of Barca Fans