Agusti Benedito

Barcilliant

The socis are going to destroy this club. Other clubs fans would love to be able to have some say in running their club. Here the socis do everything to avoid change.

SeloBarca

Its hard to change though.
If they open up membership to everyone, it gets "watered" out and alot of people become members just "becouse" and then dont bother much more than that.
If they close it down to Catalan and a select few, like now, there will be mostly businesmen, and people that only read propaganda news.

Its a loss loss situation.
Pretty much everyone on this forum would make better socis then the ones we have.

Are there any requirement to watch a certain % of home games of something? Should be, atleast for everyone living in Spain.
Although, the board pretty much set it up so they run the club like "owners" anyway.
Socis pretty much only do the president vote, and the candidates are usually selected by the previous board.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's hard to mobilize people when some major players are not willing to publicize it due to their allegiance to this board.

Also, Catalan Independence Referendum and all the tension surrounding it going on. Benedito's efforts are certainly commendable, but he's shown himself to be politically naive here. There's a reason Laporta and other Anti-Bartomeu powerful people have stayed quiet over this. They knew it was a losing vote as the timing itself is just very bad.

springfield

Benedito was not a very popular president candidate either, i bet Laporta would have more chance in getting the votes. Why is he even staying on the background? Because he's afraid that Benedito will become president if he succeed?

George_Costanza

Benedito was not a very popular president candidate either, i bet Laporta would have more chance in getting the votes. Why is he even staying on the background? Because he's afraid that Benedito will become president if he succeed?

True, not happy with him being alone and no support from Laporta. Agusti already surpassed 10,000 signatures a week ago so I'm certain if Laporta got involved, the votes would easily end up above 20k. Not showing support, Laporta is helping Bartomeu again after his effortless campaign back in 2015. So disappointed with him.

pepi

And by stealing Laporta's votes Benedito helped Bartomeu in the elections. Dont tell me he didn't know what he was doing.

LeeRomeno

Thus is all politics and trying to be in power. Pretty sure socis do not care about who is in power, as in reality, there is no big difference. It's not like his history is clean. He has tried to take power for a long time and found another opportunity.

JamDav1982

And by stealing Laporta's votes Benedito helped Bartomeu in the elections. Dont tell me he didn't know what he was doing.

No he didnt.

It it very unlikely that anyone inclined to vote for Laporta was votiing for Benedito and even if every single one of them did it would make no difference to result.

Could just as easily guess Benedito stopped the margin of victory being higher.

Said it before but Laporta doesnt want to be back at Barcelona. He just likes the attention it brings and likes being seen as a political figure in media more than anything.

khaled_a_d

May be Laporta actually could have seen it from the start? It was already said he didn't want it to be forced now because he felt it won't get enough votes so he actually didn't want that reckless move (which now look it will backfire)
Never mind that Benedito isn't exactly a friend of Laporta either to get his help.

JamDav1982

May be Laporta actually could have seen it from the start? It was already said he didn't want it to be forced now because he felt it won't get enough votes so he actually didn't want that reckless move (which now look it will backfire)
Never mind that Benedito isn't exactly a friend of Laporta either to get his help.

He signed and backed it after that.

All politics he will back it as long as thinks likely and will distance himself otherwise.

khaled_a_d

He signed and backed it after that.

All politics he will back it as long as thinks likely and will distance himself otherwise.

After it was already "done" anyway (which he didn't want it to happen from the 1st place), and all I remember is that he tweeted about his signature and that's it
And it was Bendito show, had he put himself heavily in the picture it will be him trying to steal the spot light or take credit etc. He has done the right thing afterwards tbh.
And again, we don't know the relation between the two, May be Bendito himself didn't want Laporta to be the center of the show
Whatever Laporta intention, so far he look like he understood the socios more than Bendito.

JamDav1982

After it was already "done" anyway (which he didn't want it to happen from the 1st place), and all I remember is that he tweeted about his signature and that's it
And it was Bendito show, had he put himself heavily in the picture it will be him trying to steal the spot light or take credit etc. He has done the right thing afterwards tbh.
And again, we don't know the relation between the two, May be Bendito himself didn't want Laporta to be the center of the show
Whatever Laporta intention, so far he look like he understood the socios more than Bendito.

Laporta was supporting it before it had been lodged than backed it with his signature as far as remember.

Anyway if Laporta wants change he should really try for it and campaign for backing not just not even bother as thinks unlikely.

He doesn want to be part of it dont think. Just likes the attention and publicity.

If Laporta is the man that many seem to think that could have swung the vote and changed things then his effort has been pathetic.

It isnt about supporting Benedito. That has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]912986890206433280[/tw]

[tw]913017462890930176[/tw]

Jordi Cardoner says today at 23:30 CET ends the time for Benedito to collect the signatures and not October 2 (as Benedito once said).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Getting sick at my stomach watching those clowns running our beloved club. Barcelona as city should be ashamed of themselves for putting up with this.

Beyond legal stuff, isn't it in public's best interest to allow more time versus less time. This board broke the law, lie repeatedly but when it suits them they are big legalists :thumbdown:

springfield

Benedito has been to silent even after the news from yesterday. He doesn't have enough votes right now and his team is probably looking to get the end date at oct 2. I guess we will get official news once they have to admit that yesterday was the final day.

Home of Barca Fans