Big Dembele interview

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dembele is a 20 year old youngster who has just landed on the biggest stage in football.
Only 18 months ago he was still an amateur player and today is the second most expensive player in the history of football.

skysports-ousmane-dembele-barcelona-la-liga-football_4085548.jpg

I am the oldest of the four brothers (one boy and two girls). I always played with my friends in the streets of Eure, in Normandy, not far from Paris. I lived there, I was studying there and at age seven I started to play a little football every Monday and Friday. Then I enrolled in the club next to my home.

When I was 13 Stade Rennais signed me and my family moved to Rennes. I wanted my family to follow me and they wanted to be my side too.

Q:That's when you began to stand out?

Yes. I started playing in the lower categories of the team and ended up debuting with the first team of Rennes on November 6, 2014. I remember that date well because from there began the madness. I played quite a few games (26) and I'm happy about how things went.

Q: Which coaches did mark you?

One in youth level, another that helped me a lot was Thomas Tuchel in Dortmund.

Q: At the age of 8 began his love for Barca?

I remember two games that have marked me. One against Chelsea in which Iniesta scored a goal that made Barca qualify for the final of the Champions League. I was excited and now when I see Andres I have to remind him. I feel like telling you. And the other was another Champions League match against Arsenal. Barcelona did not go well in the first leg but on the return played a match with four goals from Messi (4-1). Then I realized that Messi is not of this world. It was incredible.

Q: Did you ever come to the Camp Nou to watch it live?

Unfortunately not.

Q: Where did the passion for Barça come?

I had the Iniesta poster. I see him a different player, elegant, great, special. I watched all the games of Barcelona to see how good he played and how great they are. Iniesta and Messi. Then I tried to imitate them.

Q: Why did you not want to sign for Barca last season when they went looking for you?

Because I had only six months professional level in Rennes. You imagine? Only six months!

Q: Was it too soon?

Clearly. I wanted to learn, to play Champions League games, to know what this competition was, to play a great season with a good team, to have continuity.

Q: And arriving to compete with a trio formed by Neymar, Suarez and Messi would have been impossible to achieve this continuity?

I would have learned a lot in training but would have slowed my progression. Luckily the Barcelona has come for the second time and now I could no longer let this train escape.

Q: How many times did Robert Fernandez came looking for you?

I remember once last year. We talked before Barcelona decided to sign me and this summer again.

Q: You wanted to play in Barcelona refusing to train since 10 August. How did the transfer go?

I was calm. It was a matter of negotiation between Barcelona and Borussia. I knew I had to be patient. I decided to stop going to training. Did not want to go. I looked for an excuse not to go.

Q: Do you think you're going to be asked the same thing here as Neymar?

No. I honestly do not think so. Neymar is a great player, with a lot of class, one of the best in the world. I am young, I am here to learn and contribute as much as I can to Barcelona.

Q: What did Mbappé say after you signed for Barcelona?

He is a very good colleague. We usually talk on the phone but more during this whole process. He's happy for me. He tried to calm me down as the days went by and the signing did not materialize. He told me it was a matter of time. He was very happy for me when I signed. He wished me the best. I also wished him the same.

Q: What do you expect from your signing for Barcelona?

My first objective is to join the team. To offer a good performance in the field and, with the whole team, to win the maximum of possible titles.

Q: Tuchel, your former cosch in Borussia, says that you are future Golden Ball. Do you see it that way? Do you aspire to win it?

It is not my challenge in life. My goal is to learn from the best in the world, to join the team. I'm only 20 years old. Personal titles are not something that moves me.

Q: You repeat that you are only 20 years old in unknown country, new language, Are you scared in these early days?

I'm not scared. I'm impressed. I am focused on picking up the pace because I had not been training for two weeks. The rest I used to know how everything works here and assimilate.

Q: And during your wait to sign, the attack on La Rambla took place. What did you think?

I was in Paris when I heard. I saw on TV everything that was happening. It was terrible for all Barcelona, ​​Catalonia, Spain and for the whole world. I will never understand what these people are doing. I'm sad for everyone.

Q: Is it going to be hard to adapt?

I do not know. I hope not. Here the game is played differently. This is another way of understanding football and I hope to adapt

Q: Will you adapt to this new style of football?

Here is a game of possession, passing. I've followed a lot on television as well. I hope to learn to play well although my qualities are speed, go to attack, go one against one or two...

Q: Are you surprised that there is so much talk about whether you are left or right-footed?

I'm not the only player who plays well with both feet. There are many. Here in Barça too. Always, from a young age, I wanted to play with both feet, not only with one because it limits you. Here I hope to improve it and be strong mentally.

(BarcaForum translation)

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...nd-when-he-realised-messi-wasnt-human-6261045

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, damn. I used translator and fixed errors. Now, sport has it in full English. Wasted my time :lol:

But yeah, kid sounds good. I like his attitude and eagerness. Can't wait to see him on the pitch. :)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Doesn't give a fuck about winning the Ballon d'Or. That's good to hear. So if he leaves us through the back door like Neymar a couple of years down the line, God forbid, that won't be his fanboys shitty excuse.

Neymessi

Doesn't give a fuck about winning the Ballon d'Or. That's good to hear. So if he leaves us through the back door like Neymar a couple of years down the line, God forbid, that won't be his fanboys shitty excuse.

No player in the world will tell in an interview how much he desires the bdor. Everyone will give diplomatic answers like i just focus on the team winning and not individual awards and blah blah.

Thats doesn't mean he is hungry for bdor. Its just that you can't take everything someone says in interview at face value.

El Flaco

As long as Messi is the main man, that's out of the question and I'm sure Dembele is well-aware of it.

No player in the world will tell in an interview how much he desires the bdor. Everyone will give diplomatic answers like i just focus on the team winning and not individual awards and blah blah.

Thats doesn't mean he is hungry for bdor. Its just that you can't take everything someone says in interview at face value.

Sergio Ramos, Harry Kane, Neymar etc. are just some few examples who straight up said that they want to win Ballon d'Or...

So yeah, there's still people who are pretty open about winning individual awards.

kattanib

Well, damn. I used translator and fixed errors. Now, sport has it in full English. Wasted my time :lol:

But yeah, kid sounds good. I like his attitude and eagerness. Can't wait to see him on the pitch. :)

Thank you though. Appreciated :)

Home of Barca Fans