Liga | Round 3: FC Barcelona - RCD Espanyol 5-0

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No one has said any of those three things.

The one over reacting is you.

Agreed. Juve will be a test but we need more time to blend Semedo and Dembele anyway.

And what's wrong with a bit of optimism after such a great day :veryhappy:

Horatio

You're welcome
Was pure joy to watch Barca today. Watched it in a bar at the beach and sat at a table with an old man from Barcelona. Even Paulinho looked decent.

I hope this is a sign of good things to come rather than Espanyol turning out to be a weak team.

Horatio

You're welcome
People are overreacting with this win. Suddenly Gomes is good again, we have the new Cafu, Dembele is second coming of Jesus.

I'll wait until the juventus game on Tuesday to see where we are really at.

A loss against Juventus won't take away that we are seeing signs that Barca is heading in the right direction. We might not win a treble this season, a doble would still be great. And from there we can achieve good things the coming seasons.

Horatio

You're welcome
I love how Messi has become more selfish since last season all because he figured he needs to make a difference. Once the team gets into its groove he will turn back to Messi 2014/2015. It makes you wonder though how many he would have scored in previous seasons had he had this mentality.

A loss against Juventus won't take away that we are seeing signs that Barca is heading in the right direction. We might not win a treble this season, a doble would still be great. And from there we can achieve good things the coming seasons.

CL is a toss up, but we should be able to win at least the league.

Interlop

Did anyone notice that we didn't play with a LW ? Suarez and Iniesta got there sometimes but the left side of the field was pretty much open. Maybe that was okay to play against teams like Espanyol or Levante but idk of we can do it against Juventus. Maybe Valverde likes to be unpredictable or he switched Rakitic's tasks with Iniesta's. We'll see how it works in next games.

Giginho75

+4 realmadrid and magical leo! great saturday...

some things to debate:

i've seen a good performance of semedo...
he has to improve, it's sure, but the first match at nou camp is positive...

suarez a lot of confusion...
he is still now a great striker (in 2-3 in the world), but for our way of playing he can play only as central striker, because he hasn't ability and legs to play as wing...

against juventus we will have the real evaluation of fcb, after the two quarters of the last CL we cannot fail...
we have to show to all to be still one of the two/three best team in europe.

Yugi

DJT3Fx9XoAAEtMn.jpg

We are still massively disconnected in midfield and playing through flanks so don´t get your hopes up yet. Iniesta seems to be declining faster than expected and we need someone who is willing to recieve passes and contribute to midfield trio like Iniesta did in his heyday. This 5:0 seems nice right now, but there are still tactical problems and Valverde needs to drill to midfielders what Lucho fucked up and how they should fix it. If he fails, it will be another wasted year.

draconifire

DJT3Fx9XoAAEtMn.jpg

We are still massively disconnected in midfield and playing through flanks so don´t get your hopes up yet. Iniesta seems to be declining faster than expected and we need someone who is willing to recieve passes and contribute to midfield trio like Iniesta did in his heyday. This 5:0 seems nice right now, but there are still tactical problems and Valverde needs to drill to midfielders what Lucho fucked up and how they should fix it. If he fails, it will be another wasted year.

Whats with the stars?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No midfield and no connection between Iniesta and Rakitic and Iniesta and Messi.
It was really one of the worst game from Don.

We really should have signed that midfielder.

JerseyAddict

You serious? We dominated them for the majority of the game. How many shots did they have on target?

They had several clear chances. Their incompetence in attack is another matter.

I am not shitting on our great match but I can't see serious attackers missing such gifts. That clear flip over Ter Stegen in example. Missed whole goal.

We were never in danger bur such things should not be aloved.

henias

If only we signed Seri, that would have been perfect. Paulinho could provide some defensive capabilities that Busquets lack but without him playing for at least half a match I cant say for sure. Right now, he is still kinda mediocre, but he does pose a threat in the box for sure, could be a great box to box midfielder.

Iniesta's ageing really quick, we really need a true replacement for him.

Other than that, our squad looks really solid atm, though the 5-0 win over Espanyol should not take away the concerns for our slightly cluttered and lacklustre midfield right now.

Ken_rosseneri

I wish i could watch an analysis on the game against espanyol...
did suarez really play LW? did Messi play as a CAM in a 4-3-1-2? or false 9?
is Dembele gonna be playing as a RW? I think that's his preferred position even though he can play as a LW.. his primary foot is still Left.. i know he's ambidextrous but i still think his left foot is his primary foot...

our midfield is still disconnected.. so far sooo good.. game against juventus should be a good test even though they're missing some key players..

Home of Barca Fans