Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
126751-1447152148.jpg

Full Name: Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta Etxeberria

DOB: 6th August 1993

Height: 1.74m

Position: Midfielder

We signed him this season from Numancia. A product of Lezama, Athletic Bilbao's Youth Academy and even got his debut under Marcelo Bielsa.

Had a few injuries since then which hampered his progress, but I've been seeing a lot of Spanish-speaking culers rave about him and how he could prove to be a major coup, steal, playing as a controller, distributor for the B team and being one of the standout players so far this season.

DonAK

[MENTION=21215]ldsix[/MENTION] @navidjaan

Any of you who think he can play for the 1st team and can add to how he's played so far?

DonAK

He has played well but in Gerard's dysfunctional system it is hard to tell.

Yeah, I suppose so. Not gotten around to watching many games, but from the highlights Alenya and co. seem to be victim to a lot of rough challenges.

I hope EV doesn't let Alenya and Inigo, Oriol and whoever performs and deserves a chance, bear the brunt of our pathetic transfer summer.

They should get the minutes Arda, Gomes and others may get.

Inigo might be a problem as I think he cannot play for Barca B again if he plays for the 1st team due to his age.

xXKonan

Apparently Valverde was the one that recommended the club to sign him for the B team.

I can see why myself. But it's a shame Lopez's system is so dysfunctional like Jallo says, he could probably shine for the first team if given a chance.

Last edited:

God Serena

Lopez in general doesn't seem cut out for Segunda imo. Nothing he's shown so far tells me he's ready to coach at that level. It's just a shame because it'd have been hard to get rid of the coach who won promotion with us the season he got said promotion. But his system overall is very poor for developing good players from what I've seen and his lineup decisions are very suspect.

xXKonan

His system is Luchoesque especially the Midfield.

I believe he has the players to build a good system from but as of right now he's not getting the best out of the players he has and I think the B team will struggle this season due to that.

ldsix

Inigo might be a problem as I think he cannot play for Barca B again if he plays for the 1st team due to his age.

Someone please find me rules mentioning that. I was looking on laliga, rfef etc, but I couldn't find.

About Inigo. I don't think he and Alena will get much serious chances this season with the first team. It's very important to not be relegated from La Liga 123, and obviously we have too packed midfield.

DonAK

I'll see if I find it.

As for the packed midfield then it's packed with mediocrity or average players at the moment. Not packed with quality.

Rajoda

Banned
The same stuff being said about Gerard Lopez now was being said about Eusebio Sacristán by you the same guys and look at him now, sorry to say that your opinion about him makes 0 sense

ldsix

Of course I agree.
But why discard players who earn couple of million € per year? They won't do that just to give playing time to some newcomer from the B team.

Messi983

Like what I've seen so far from him and I think he'll have a successfull career in La Liga for the years to come if he stays healthy. But it's more likely he'll do that in Bilbao than here.

Home of Barca Fans