Women Football

Galning

Is anyone following a women league?
I'm watching the Damallsvenskan which is Swedish. My favourite team is Umeå IK, they had the world's best player, Marta, but she left us at the beginning of the season for LA Sol.

So I was just wondering is there somebody interested in women football here? Probably not, but I can only ask :p

Zqa-

Arsenal do have one of the best girlsquads in the world though.. Danish club Brondby IF got a pretty good girlsquad as well.

But no, it's simply to friggin' boring to watch.
I watched the world cup final between USA and Brazil ... soooo booorriiiinnng....

Galning

Correct Bojan.

I can understand it's boring if you compare it to Barça :D They play really slow and most of the goals are from inside the box.

UIK totally trashed Arsenal last year in the UEFA Cup, I made a video about it:
[YOUTUBE]O1lxmq_An9g[/YOUTUBE]

Warik

Marta that Brazillian women who won the Women's World Player of the Year a couple of years back?

beef-supreme

I'm not a fan... When women play, it stops being the beautiful game. Quite ironic. Also, after having watched my senior school's girl's football team play a few matches, I told myself I'd never watch women/girls play again. They have surprisingly insane egos.

gazza

Only watched one match 3-1 was the score to Arsenal ladies.
There celebrations after scoring a goal leave a lot to be desired not one of them took there shirt off :lol:

Galning

Marta that Brazillian women who won the Women's World Player of the Year a couple of years back?
She has won it a couple of times actually, she won in 2006,2007 & 2008 and was the runner up in 2005.

Only watched one match 3-1 was the score to Arsenal ladies.
There celebrations after scoring a goal leave a lot to be desired not one of them took there shirt off :lol:
Hehe :party00231:

I'm not a fan... When women play, it stops being the beautiful game. Quite ironic. Also, after having watched my senior school's girl's football team play a few matches, I told myself I'd never watch women/girls play again. They have surprisingly insane egos.
Yeah they're insane! A friend of mine also plays football and when they don't recieve the ball or someone shoots when they could've easily passes they're fucking pissed at eachother.

Galning

Umeå IK just won 0-16 for the Swedish cup against a lower division team. Imagine what the score would be if Marta still played for them.

E

Esteve

Umeå IK just won 0-16 for the Swedish cup against a lower division team. Imagine what the score would be if Marta still played for them.

Good to see a side from the lower leagues run one of the big guns close :p Always next year, eh?

Home of Barca Fans