Eden Hazard

EdmondDantes

I'm adamant he's lost speed. He keeps having to check back after trying to dribble past players. He used to absolutely smoke everyone for acceleration and straight line speed. Now he tries, turns and passes back to Marcelo.

Benzema was the one covering for him on the left off the ball as well. Rodrygo on the other side defended all game. Meaning there's massive question marks about his stamina as well.

I'm thinking Eden got his move too late. Peak Hazard is what Real paid for but not what they got.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Balance is returning. Way more successful with dynamic take-ons. Still needs more goals to get on a good streak.

james baldwin

Yes he's looking fitter and was dribbling and creating like he did for Chelsea today. Also had a good goal ruled out for offside through VAR. I think we're not that far from seeing the best version of Hazard.

Zidane though doesn't seem to be getting the best out of him tactically. You have to build all the attacks through him and let him be the table-setter for the other players. Zidane isn't coaching anything in terms of the attacking side of the game. He's just another Mourinho 2.0 but at least Mourinho was a genius when it came to setting up organized defenses.

El Gato

Villarato!
Agreed up until the last sentence. Mourinho was a master of transitional attack. Not one other coach, bar perhaps Ancelotti, had the success he had with 4-2-3-1, and in different teams. When we had Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema and Ronaldo all around 25 years of age, there was nobody to stop them during counters. No other coach had it so organised back in the day.

clemente

He got into incredible form and then got injured immediately, looked like he was about to tear up the league, would have been hilarious to watch Roberto try to defend against him lol.

serghei

He got into incredible form and then got injured immediately, looked like he was about to tear up the league, would have been hilarious to watch Roberto try to defend against him lol.

I am more worried about superfast Vinicius vs Roberto. Roberto is most often beaten physically, on pace and acceleration. Not as much on trickery with the ball.

KingLeo10

I am more worried about superfast Vinicius vs Roberto. Roberto is most often beaten physically, on pace and acceleration. Not as much on trickery with the ball.

It's almost 2020 and we're still using a defensively inept Roberto and an offensively shy Semedo.

0 progress for either at the position under EV. Most good-WC managers groom players. Under EV, you mostly regress unless you're Messi or FDJ.

:lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
I get that he's been injured but I'm sure Madrid expected more than 1 goal, 1 assist in 14 games by mid-Feb.

Yes and no.

Also get a grip calling him a bum. He's been out for 2 months. He's a Marcelo, not a Cristiano Ronaldo, takes forever to get back up to speed.

Home of Barca Fans