Eden Hazard

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hazard is a brilliant player. I would definitely believe that an attacking oriented side (i.e if he moved to Bayern or Real Madrid) that built their team around Hazard would likely raise his level a lot. I doubt he'll ever be a truly great goalscorer but he might become a very good one.

However, at this moment in time he has simply not proven himself at the level that Neymar has and can't be considered his equal. Part of this is that Hazard plays for a defensive club side and hasn't had the best platform to show his best level. However, he's responsible for his own hot and cold seasons that have showed him to be poor at the CL and international level. Even in the PL he's had some very poor seasons. Neymar has won several impressive trophies and proved himself against most of the top teams in the world at crucial times, a brilliant collection of moments that rivals many timeless European greats. Hazard is still just a world class footballer specific to a league (albeit a popular one). He hasn't been able to really cement himself in history for the first half of his career. That can certainly change and he has the quality to do it, but it hasn't come yet for him.

BerkeleyBernie

Can't blame him much for Belgium's underperforming under the awful non-management of Marc Wilmots. I expect to see a much-improved Belgium as WC 2018 progresses.

Galning

Can't blame him much for Belgium's underperforming under the awful non-management of Marc Wilmots. I expect to see a much-improved Belgium as WC 2018 progresses.

Not much has changed for Belgium thus far, they still play shit and that's in a group with Greece, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Estonia & Gibraltar.

james baldwin

Hazard is a brilliant player. I would definitely believe that an attacking oriented side (i.e if he moved to Bayern or Real Madrid) that built their team around Hazard would likely raise his level a lot. I doubt he'll ever be a truly great goalscorer but he might become a very good one.

However, at this moment in time he has simply not proven himself at the level that Neymar has and can't be considered his equal. Part of this is that Hazard plays for a defensive club side and hasn't had the best platform to show his best level. However, he's responsible for his own hot and cold seasons that have showed him to be poor at the CL and international level. Even in the PL he's had some very poor seasons. Neymar has won several impressive trophies and proved himself against most of the top teams in the world at crucial times, a brilliant collection of moments that rivals many timeless European greats. Hazard is still just a world class footballer specific to a league (albeit a popular one). He hasn't been able to really cement himself in history for the first half of his career. That can certainly change and he has the quality to do it, but it hasn't come yet for him.

That's not quite accurate now, is it?

In his first season at Chelsea he was already the 2nd best player at the club (became number 1 in the last few months of the season) and a top 10 player in the league. Was in the Team of the year.

In his second season at Chelsea, was already clearly the best player at the club and a top 5 player in the league with Suarez, Toure and Aguero. Voted 2nd in the PFA player of the year awards, CFC player of the year and Premier league young player of the year.

In his third season at Chelsea, carried an incredibly functional team to the title in the 2nd half of the season when Costa got injured/stopped scoring and Fabregas stopped performing at a high level.

In his fourth season at Chelsea, this is the bad season everyone talks about and it was literally a season from hell for Hazard and Chelsea. Mourinho lost the plot and the dressing room with the whole Eva Carneiro situation and the players were physically and mentally exhausted by his antics and tactics and Hazard was particularly affected by this since he was the one who Mou relied on the most to win matches for him. Something similar also happened in Madrid in Mou's last season there, only on a lesser scale since Madrid had a much more talented and deep squad.

In his fifth season at Chelsea, arguably his best, he's again the driving force behind a potential 2nd title in 3 years and possibly a league and FA cup double.

I agree with you concerning the fact he's played in defensive teams and for a very negative manager which hasn't allowed him to fully show all of his potential at the champions league stage, but part of that is also down to Chelsea/EPL teams simply not being good enough as in the past and the emergence of the likes of Atletico and PSG.

Truth be told, I don't want Eden to ever leave Chelsea but in reality, Hazard going to Madrid will be the best move for his career now. He's achieved everything he can at Chelsea and he'll only stagnate from here. He can accomplish anything he wants in football as he is THAT special.

JamDav1982

Kante literally only won because the media kept pushing him & voting took place in like January. Hazard has been carrying them since February.

Hazard hasnt been carrying them since February at all and the vote was not done in January either.

Nothing to do with the media it is the others players voting on it and the media are likely to highlight one of best player in league anyway.

Hazard

Hazard hasnt been carrying them since February at all and the vote was not done in January either.

Nothing to do with the media it is the others players voting on it and the media are likely to highlight one of best player in league anyway.
You're utterly clueless as usual. Hazard literally came on as a sub when Chelsea were struggling & getting battered & turned the game on it's head yet he's not carrying them? Don't quote me again if you're going to be willfully ignorant.

Mitchell1978

Broke his ankle yesterday, will need surgery and could be out for maybe 4 months or more, i'm guessing this will kill all transfert talk to RM.

Home of Barca Fans