Eden Hazard

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
? Jovic the relatively young kid who's apparently not allowed to make mistakes in early career at one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Firing blanks matey. No need to be this mad.

Nah I just find it amusing how fiercely you defend two players who have been miles off the level expected of them, both on the pitch and off the pitch. We'll see if they turn out any good for Madrid ;)

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah I just find it amusing how fiercely you defend two players who have been miles off the level expected of them, both on the pitch and off the pitch. We'll see if they turn out any good for Madrid ;)

Fiercely? Lol, nothing fierce about me pointing out things that are obvious to anyone watching and correcting wrong statements. Very calm and clean cuts through bullshit narratives, no effort required.

Absolutely they've been some way off the expected return. For reasons mostly out of their own control, especially in Hazard case. You in particular love to have a wee dig (which is OK), so just wondering what makes you mad enough to want to make it? Bit scared they might actually turn out good if healthy and rotated properly? Or what? ;)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Fiercely? Lol, nothing fierce about me pointing out things that are obvious to anyone watching and correcting wrong statements. Very calm and clean cuts through bullshit narratives, no effort required.

Absolutely they've been some way off the expected return. For reasons mostly out of their own control, especially in Hazard case. You in particular love to have a wee dig (which is OK), so just wondering what makes you mad enough to want to make it? Bit scared they might actually turn out good if healthy and rotated properly? Or what? ;)

Nah it's all in good spirits, I want Hazard to fail but won't be too mad if he starts performing. Didn't like him at Chelsea already, but he's looked like a shadow of himself so far at Madrid. Regarding Jovic, it's a reaction against the narrative here that Madrid are making shrewd signings. I don't see him making it for Madrid too, he is simply not good enough for you. We had this discussion in the past where I said he was a Paco level player at best and I still think that way.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah it's all in good spirits, I want Hazard to fail but won't be too mad if he starts performing. Didn't like him at Chelsea already, but he's looked like a shadow of himself so far at Madrid. Regarding Jovic, it's a reaction against the narrative here that Madrid are making shrewd signings. I don't see him making it for Madrid too, he is simply not good enough for you. We had this discussion in the past where I said he was a Paco level player at best and I still think that way.

This supposed 'Paco-level' tag never popped up with Jović when he was banging them in for Eintracht left, right and center so yeah, not fully behind that notion until he's had at least a season of being on the pitch for longer than 1500-2000 minutes, in other words, 33-50% of the available total. There's no reason we should be playing Benzema vs bottom 5-10 sides, even if we expect the game to be tough.
If he sucks at doing basic things (which he was actually OK at this year when given a chance), sulks, doesn't make good mates in the dressing room (was much harder this year with the Central Europeans all being quite old; should hopefully be better with Lunin and Odegaard there who are just as 'new' as he is) and still doesn't respond on the pitch while letting off pitch antics dominate the perception this year and thereafter, then I'll concede we need to take a loss.

Hazard was a great #2 player. Worries aren't over his professionalism, everyone knows he has pizzas in the offseason etc, much like Marcelo & Carvajal who treat it as time-off. He loses the weight usually within first 2-3 months if fit. He came back to camp very fit in May despite having surgery.
The worry is that he's permacrocked and will be a Kaka/Bale utility at best if the ankle may never again be able to sustain the style of play he had until now. Which is nothing but bad luck and if it is the case, then we must use him less and really look hard towards Vinicius and Rodrygo and be fair, because both provide what Hazard can't.

Vilarrubi

He’s out for another 3/4 weeks.

EjKaU2gXgAAeop0

Home of Barca Fans