Eden Hazard

abbbs97

Reminder that Madrid bought him for 140m and not 100m as reported by most Madrid media.
Of course its still pre season and I would wait till I start to properly judge him but yes, he hasnt looked good at all and its very unprofessional for him to turn up to his supposed dream club looking overweight and still not losing the weight.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
i think this guy will not be compatible with Benzema. he will do bits there and there that's it, i don't think he will be a huge success.

NKMaribor

Reminder that Madrid bought him for 140m and not 100m as reported by most Madrid media.
Of course its still pre season and I would wait till I start to properly judge him but yes, he hasnt looked good at all and its very unprofessional for him to turn up to his supposed dream club looking overweight and still not losing the weight.

What is the source for 140M sum? Transfermarkt has him listed for 100M.

EdmondDantes

i think this guy will not be compatible with Benzema. he will do bits there and there that's it, i don't think he will be a huge success.

It looked this way in pre-season.

Having said that I don't think Hazard was ever compatible with any of the #9s he's played with at club level. He's mostly used them as decoys that occupy defenders and give him room to work his magic on the ball since Hazard's work-rate is practically non-existent.

EdmondDantes

The crazy thing about Hazard is that he lost a tonne of weight (pun probably intended) - compared to pre-season - and he still looks fat, somewhat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A bit leggy and a bit in his head. Easily remedied with time.

Leggy is an understatement.

The guy looks heavier than he ever was at Chelsea making it tougher for him to beat anyone with pace or his dribbling. I think he'll eventually come good because he's too talented to not, but this is just dumb. It's either Hazard or your staff being clueless given how out of shape he is.

henias

He's abit heavy but technically he is still there. But honestly, how do you expect him to play with a team who has no chemistry, and is slow and sluggish compared to the Chelsea team he had. Team is dead, everyone looks done. Zidane is the massive problem, he can't make them work together, and still depends on old guards to save him like how Cristiano did. Tactically, he's not there as well. La Liga is the battle between the clowns of managers, these teams are no where near Europe's top flight.

El Gato

Villarato!
Leggy is an understatement.

The guy looks heavier than he ever was at Chelsea making it tougher for him to beat anyone with pace or his dribbling. I think he'll eventually come good because he's too talented to not, but this is just dumb. It's either Hazard or your staff being clueless given how out of shape he is.

Most likely both.
He's coming off a good finish to the season in London and got his dream move. Happens to this type of player. More or less the same thing happened to Marcelo last year. It's not great the mobility hasn't come back this far into the season, but he can play with intelligence for a good while even if he doesn't provide something extra that is expected of him. He's still levels above our 3rd best winger in Vazquez and Rodrygo + Vinicius so he's gonna play no matter what. Which is good for him TBH. Winter & spring should be better given time.

He's abit heavy but technically he is still there. But honestly, how do you expect him to play with a team who has no chemistry, and is slow and sluggish compared to the Chelsea team he had. Team is dead, everyone looks done. Zidane is the massive problem, he can't make them work together, and still depends on old guards to save him like how Cristiano did. Tactically, he's not there as well. La Liga is the battle between the clowns of managers, these teams are no where near Europe's top flight.

Did you watch the last 3 games?

henias

Did you watch the last 3 games?

Yes I did. The only good lineup he brought was against Osasuna, all because he rested players for Atletico. And all that for a lame lineup against ATM. Zidane is finished, he just not tactically sound at all, seemed all too clueless at times.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes I did. The only good lineup he brought was against Osasuna, all because he rested players for Atletico. And all that for a lame lineup against ATM. Zidane is finished, he just not tactically sound at all, seemed all too clueless at times.

The lame finished Zidane is so shit at tactics he restricts his opposition to 1 shot on target in 270 minutes of football. Lol.
It's actually quite clear you don't really want to or choose not to care for the short-term goals, or what is and what isn't working on the pitch. We got bodied in Paris, because it is clear we couldn't defend as a unit, and manager who was sacked at that point responded by coaching his team into 3 clean sheets with 2 coming against 2 top 6 teams on their home grounds. Both first time clean sheets for Courtois since February.

Offense comes with time, and always second to defense for championship teams. We had 5-7 injuries in any given week since the start of the season. Fixtures will now get a bit easier since most of the horrible away grounds will be behind us once we visit Camp Nou. And it is actually more important we fix our home form anyway.

serghei

Zidane doesn't seem to know how to use him well. They keep doing their wide - wide - cross thing. Why do you need Hazard for that? You expect him to be a threat in the box for crosses? Lol.

Zidane is losing a bit of his rating as a manager. He seems a bit lost without Ronaldo. It's not as easy now to just put the ball in the box and have Ronaldo beat every defender to the ball and score. You need something a bit more complex than that, and it's not sure that he has some other plan.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans