Eden Hazard

BarcaOG

Banned
do you guys even need him though? even when he was fit he wasnt really adding anything. i think you guys are better off both in the short and long term if you let vinicius and rodrygo develop rather than try to make something out of eden. he wont go 3 matches without an injury

El Gato

Villarato!
Using ballpark numbers, he played less than half a season fit, from memory ~30-40% of all available minutes. That's 1/3 of a season, of which he also took 10-15% of the time recovering match fitness. That makes about 20% of ALL the matches he played that are worth any assessment, all of which occurred in the stretch of games between Oct-Nov 2019 - where he played quite well until the Meunier foul. Beyond that he had zero time to develop any sort of chemistry with the group.

Plus he drew the most (or 2nd most? can't remember) fouls and penalties on the team despite being out. Which proves he DOES add things even when mostly poor.

We're not better off working with the young all the time, they'd need to learn too much too fast. Selling Hazard is also not an option because a) nobody will pay enough as he's too old and hasn't featured consistently in ages; b) Perez will never resell as it'd mean he has to admit a mistake.

Right now the moods around him are actually better. Everyone is kind of expecting him to get reinjured so no pressure on his ass to return for good. But he's also saying stupid shit like "this draw tastes like a win" so he's being beta as expected. He will be useful when fit, but I don't expect too much.

Birdy

Let's remember at this point that the final fee for him might hit 160 m Euros, as the outlet report has revealed in September.

Maddening.
Might at the very end be considered worse transfer compared to both Coutinho and Griezman

FinBarcelonafan

Let's remember at this point that the final fee for him might hit 160 m Euros, as the outlet report has revealed in September.

Maddening.
Might at the very end be considered worse transfer compared to both Coutinho and Griezman

That would be incredible, just shows how easily transfer can become a flop. Hazard was supposed be 100% performer. No chance of a flop. It's insane how often this happens in football.

Devils

Still incredible to me that that at the very instant of his transfer to Real Madrid he became unfit, injury prone and overweight.

Damn...whew!

Richard.H

That would be incredible, just shows how easily transfer can become a flop. Hazard was supposed be 100% performer. No chance of a flop. It's insane how often this happens in football.

I don't understand why more teams dont just try to develop youth/buy younger players and hope for the best? I'm assuming the monetary benefits of a galactico signing outweighs any money you can get from winning trophies. You would think top teams by now will start understanding this. So far Bayern and Liverpool have been the ones really focused on productive signings rather than galactico/shirt sale signings.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't understand why more teams dont just try to develop youth/buy younger players and hope for the best? I'm assuming the monetary benefits of a galactico signing outweighs any money you can get from winning trophies. You would think top teams by now will start understanding this. So far Bayern and Liverpool have been the ones really focused on productive signings rather than galactico/shirt sale signings.

Chelsea model, buy 50 prospects and loan them out. Can't do that anymore because loaned out players are limited to 8? I guess. Liverpool and Bayern are Def. The ones to model but I have to admit, even I like occasional galactico signing.. They can't always fail!

Home of Barca Fans