Eden Hazard

james baldwin

32 goals in three seasons isn't that great, but like I said he's never going to score a ton of goals like the others you mentioned.

In the league alone, and also including his first season in the PL. That's a record of 1 in 3 for a player who isn't even defined by goalscoring at all. Ultimately, he has been the highest scoring midfielder (including CM's, AM's and wingers) in the PL since he joined Chelsea. If that's a legitimate criticism against a playmaker, then all the midfielders in the PL can also be criticized for not scoring enough. I just think the criticism of him not scoring enough is pretty strange. Among other things, he's also:

the 2nd assists maker in that time period :
https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/565924559883223041

And is also the top chances creator 2 seasons in a row and by far completes the most dribbles in the PL.

Co0ter

If you'd read my original post, I never said Hazard didn't score a decent amount of goals for a "midfielder", I simply stated he will never reach the level of the others you mentioned, that is all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hazard is Chelsea's focal point. Neymar is not Barca's focal point yet puts up impressive numbers and showings.

De Bruyne is more often than not Belgium's focal point, Hazard is a support player who puts up not so impressive showings to put it mildly.

Neymar is Brazil's focal point and everyone knows how he does as that for them.

Butaan4barca

Hazard is Chelsea's focal point. Neymar is not Barca's focal point yet puts up impressive numbers and showings.

De Bruyne is more often than not Belgium's focal point, Hazard is a support player who puts up not so impressive showings to put it mildly.

very good points

MaxY

Devil May Cry

Same case as with RM Bale and Wales/Tottenham Bale.

Truthist

I agree but it's just the way they both play that leaves the impression on me that Hazard is superior.

Hazard is a freakishly good dribbler and extremely difficult to disposess, Neymar is hit and miss but has better movement and probably finishing.

I guess it's what type of player each person likes and both are so young and can improve or regress.

My biggest frustration with Neymar is his poor game intelligence, he makes the wrong decisions far too often for my liking. I suppose we were spoilt by Ronaldinho in that aspect.

anguy

Don't forget Hazard plays in PL a league where Alexis Sanchez and Fabregas became instantly superstars a league where bum like Bale was MVP.

Truthist

Fabregas is going the same way as his Barca days, great before winter and poor afterwards.

I'm a fan of Neymar but he can't ride a tackle like Hazard can and also his decision is very erratic to say the least.

Hazard is a boss when he dribbles, kicking him is not enough some of the times.

JamDav1982

Fabregas is going the same way as his Barca days, great before winter and poor afterwards.

I'm a fan of Neymar but he can't ride a tackle like Hazard can and also his decision is very erratic to say the least.

Hazard is a boss when he dribbles, kicking him is not enough some of the times.

Hazard also plays in the EPL where players get more space and he is given much more freedom at Chelsea as the focal point of the team.

Hazard is possibly best player in EPL but Neymar for me is better and will have better career.

Truthist

Hazard also plays in the EPL where players get more space and he is given much more freedom at Chelsea as the focal point of the team.

Hazard is possibly best player in EPL but Neymar for me is better and will have better career.

In terms of numbers I don't think Hazard will get anywhere close to Neymar and I hope you are right anyway.

Purely from an aesthetic pov Hazard is almost like a right footed inferior Messi.

Home of Barca Fans