Eden Hazard

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real and Barca have squandered so much money at worst time for La Liga.

It is falling so far behind EPL in everything from exposure to quality throughout and could well be in situation in a few months where there are no real world class players in league. Maybe FDJ or in flashes Suarez finishing but thats about it and neither marketable for league really.

Going to become more and more of an afterthought and not the peak destination for players. Need the Super League to happen badly.

Nah. It won't be that bad, Spain will remain an attractive place for top players. Alaba reportedly had better offers from EPL teams but he wanted go to Spain. Fame/prestige, money, decent weather will continue attract many good players.

JamDav1982

I think you are right. Barca and Real need super league way more than the British clubs.

The EPL clubs wont want the Super League at all they just realise if it is to happen they cant be left out. That is about main reaon they will be heavily involved and making sure if happens they have plenty places at the table.

JamDav1982

Nah. It won't be that bad, Spain will remain an attractive place for top players. Alaba reportedly had better offers from EPL teams but he wanted go to Spain. Fame/prestige, money, decent weather will continue attract many good players.

Alaba has not signed anywhere yet and dont doubt players in their late 20s who have achieved most of what they can will fancy the lifestyle/cities etc.

It is more about attracting the top younger players that all top clubs are chasing and folk want to tune in to see.

El Gato

Villarato!
Speculation on offer quality isnt worth entertaining until specifically hinted at by people in the know.

Hazard operation has been a needless flop to entertain a Zidane wish, tho could argue no one marketable was available 2 years ago. Pity the player himself tho, hasnt done half as bad as is made out in the time he got between getting hurt. At least the ankle thing is maybe behind him

Morten

Alaba is not the kind of signing we need though.

Morten

Who is going to be your starting LB next season? Alaba or Mendy?

Alaba can play CB and DM pretty well too, I think that's one of the reasons you guys want him.

Heard he isnt actually very good at CB, also, he is a 29 year-old who will be on Ramos-like wages.
Considering Ramos is probably leaving, it looks like he will play CB most likely.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Heard he isnt actually very good at CB, also, he is a 29 year-old who will be on Ramos-like wages.
Considering Ramos is probably leaving, it looks like he will play CB most likely.

I actually think Alaba is a better CB than LB these days. Perhaps it is because of the apparent downgrade from Aphonso Davies to him every time he plays.

El Gato

Villarato!
What's worse is that unless Zidane goes nuts and actually plays this garbage version of Vini, we are absolutely doomed to play Asensio-Benzema-Vazquez or for at least a month leading up to Atalanta game. With Hazard there was at least an illusion of gradual improvement with base 11.

Fede comeback is a must to get anything from games offensively, even if it means benching Modrić.

BarcaOG

Banned
I actually think Alaba is a better CB than LB these days. Perhaps it is because of the apparent downgrade from Aphonso Davies to him every time he plays.

I think you're right, but the question is not, is Alaba a good CB (he is) but is he an improvement or downgrade over Ramos as CB. I vote massive downgrade

Home of Barca Fans