Eden Hazard

Givenchy

if they settle fast (and i think they will under Zidane) we aren't winning shit this season. wont be surprised if Madrid win the CL either, what a fucking huge mistake keeping EV

imagine a Madrid treble after their 3x CLs in a row, 1 year break - rebuild and then a treble.. would crush our entire soul

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Hazard will fit in like a glove and he will provide ample goal threats next season for Real Madrid since he seemed to have finally improved his shooting and finishing. With him Real Madrid definitely has more options than the last days of Ronaldo (and to a lesser extent Benzema) crossing and crossing looking for headers.

I am hoping that Hazard will impede on the growth of Vinicius for as long as he can while delivering for Madrid.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He won’t impede the growth of Vinicius but help him by taking the pressure off, the kid is only 18. By the time Hazard is done Vincius will be about to hit his mid 20’s and take over.

Madrid are a complete squad with depth at every position, they have a world class manager in Zidane. They can compete on multiple fronts and win Liga and CL. This is Florentino Perez world and we just live in it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He won’t impede the growth of Vinicius but help him by taking the pressure off, the kid is only 18. By the time Hazard is done Vincius will be about to hit his mid 20’s and take over.

Madrid are a complete squad with depth at every position, they have a world class manager in Zidane. They can compete on multiple fronts and win Liga and CL. This is Florentino Perez world and we just live in it.

They sure look good, at least on paper. Florentino is so smart, he didn't engage in any unnecessary purchases in the last several years and has simply been quietly signing and stocking up players and young talents (who of course are not guaranteed to work out for them). It all comes down to patient planning that they gave a lot of thoughts to. If any of the Brazilian wunderkinds they got turns out to be just decent it is a very good business for them. They have established great relationship with clubs all over Europe so they always find clubs that will take their prospects to loan in. They still have very nice players such as Odegaard and Hakimi who can potentially return to the Bernabeu. They are by no means done though, of course as their aging players such as Modric, Kroos and Sergio Ramos will have to be replaced sooner or later. But they have started the rebuilding process, starting from the attacking line and gradually moving down to defense. They are in a good place to do that, having won three CL's back to back. We won't have this kind of luxury by the time we need to rebuild.

I think the table is going to slowly turn against us, if it hasn't already. Messi's last years are within sight and if we don't respond and start planning accordingly, we will be in for some serious shock and trouble for at least several years after Messi's departure. I just don't trust this board, Segura and Abidal to do those things necessary for us to not fall behind. We will see.

Last edited:

Porque

Hazard is a few months older than Griezmann. I'm utterly perplexed why Hazard is an amazing signing spending 160million plus (potential variables) while Griezmann is too old, won't give us many years and too expensive at 120m :dembele:

El Gato

Villarato!
- Madrid taking time to gel and not having a very strong start

Sure, possible, but not what usually happens with these kinds of signings in recent memory. Usually they arrive, gel quick (Ozil, Isco, James) and fall off the cliff later on. I expect autumn to be a fun adrenaline ride with Hazard working his butt off, all until the first time flaws are exposed. We'll have Hazard-dependencia developing fast if we are not planning to buy the RW or bring Odegaard back for some fresh blood on the right side.

As for the fee - it's only good because it's exactly what Chelsea wanted, so our business relationship with them was perfectly preserved and repaired after years of sketchy deals that did not favour them (Morata, Courtois, Kovacic). On paper it's a lot for one player, probably too much and I would have liked it to be 80 or 90 + 20-30 in variables, but it's a good deal for what it achieves.

Last edited:

Gari

...and we bought Coutinho for 160mio :lol: I still can't believe it

Neymar, Barca-PSG - £200.6m
Hazard, Chelsea-Madrid - £130m
Mbappe, Monaco-PSG - £128m
Coutinho, Liverpool-Barca - £106.4m
O.Dembele, Dortmund-Barca - £96.8m
Pogba, Juve-United - £89m
C.Ronaldo, Real-Juve - £88.7m
[Sporting Life]

viktor_brezdev

Definitely Hazard is good choice,also Porto defender Militao and Eintracht Frankfurt forward Luka Jovic ,but i am most curious what Barca will do ,hope for Grizman and Pogba

viktor_brezdev

And i do not agree that Grizman is old,there is still a lot to give,to prove himself,especially in a club like ours,because he will qucikly realize that this can cost his career

MagIX

Neymar, Barca-PSG - £200.6m
Hazard, Chelsea-Madrid - £130m
Mbappe, Monaco-PSG - £128m
Coutinho, Liverpool-Barca - £106.4m
O.Dembele, Dortmund-Barca - £96.8m
Pogba, Juve-United - £89m
C.Ronaldo, Real-Juve - £88.7m
[Sporting Life]

Other sources say £105m, £142 million with various clauses being met.
But that's not the problem: at the moment Coutinho is the warst transfer ever ! a joke
From the list above, at the moment, the 2 worst transfer belong barca

and btw I still don't understand why we bought Coutinho and not Hazard

Home of Barca Fans