Eden Hazard

Morten

Hazard isnt going anywhere, unfortunately.
Clubs run by people with unlimited money doesnt tend to sell their key players.

Zincubus

Banned
He's the best player in the World behind Messi at the moment. He's playing #10 what he's considered his best position for years & no team can handle him at the moment.

He singlehandedly tore the best defense in the World apart in two consecutive games.

He was a one man attack against Liverpool. Go watch the 1st half of that game. He kept driving Chelsea up the pitch by himself. Ridiculous performance.

He also showed his adaptability, creativity & intelligence against United. Rendered United's man marking tactic effectively useless by practically playing CM & dictating play which enabled Bakayoko & Cesc to push forward.

[tw]937121481536016385[/tw]

You seemed to have overlooked the season before last where he all but disappeared whilst Leicester went on to take the title ...

Hazard

You seemed to have overlooked the season before last where he all but disappeared whilst Leicester went on to take the title ...

Grow up. He was forced to play with an injury throughout that season by Mourinho. He was rested for 2 months & returned to dominating games.

He's had 7 World Class seasons in 8 & you keep bringing that year up lmao.

If anything that season proves just how reliant Chelsea are on him.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Grow up. He was forced to play with an injury throughout that season by Mourinho. He was rested for 2 months & returned to dominating games.

He's had 7 World Class seasons in 8 & you keep bringing that year up lmao.

If anything that season proves just how reliant Chelsea are on him.

I'm coming from a Barca standpoint , you're clearly biased given your username ...

Here's his injury history ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eden-hazard/verletzungen/spieler/50202

Last edited:

james baldwin

If Barcelona seriously want to get Hazard next summer I see no reason why that should be mission impossible. Chelsea are not a team with any real ambition these days. They have to sell a lot to buy and they can't compete with the Manchester club financially. Look at some of the players in their squad. Chelsea is a top 4 team. So if Hazard had any ambition and wants to leave after the World Cup with Belgium, Barcelona can go all out.

It makes more sense for Barcelona to make Hazard their primary target instead of overspending on Coutinho. Go for Hazard and Arthur instead. Relying on Suarez and Messi in their 30's and a very young Dembele is not very clever. A trident of Hazard, Messi and Dembele will be pretty much unplayable.

james baldwin

I also don't think Hazard is as incessant on Madrid as some are making out. Sure he likes Zidane but Barca is Barca. Bayern/Madrid/Barca are all attractive teams.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho will play in the midfield.

If anything it should be a question about Hazard v Griezmann.

But Griez is easier to sign. 100m and he's ours. With Hazard it could drag out where we'll have to pay in the excess of 150m or losing out on both with Chelsea not selling.

james baldwin

Coutinho will play in the midfield.

If anything it should be a question about Hazard v Griezmann.

But Griez is easier to sign. 100m and he's ours. With Hazard it could drag out where we'll have to pay in the excess of 150m or losing out on both with Chelsea not selling.

If Barcelona want to persist with a 4-4-2 that might make some sense but the problem with Griezmann is he's not very versatile. Sure in a 4-4-2 he's fine but in a 4-3-3 will he play out wide? He's not the same player. Hazard is far more flexible, plays in the Barca way and is just a better player.

Barca should make a serious effort for Hazard as I feel he's gettable this summer. Of course the Barca board has to be clever and go for other "easier" targets as well

DonAK

If Barcelona want to persist with a 4-4-2 that might make some sense but the problem with Griezmann is he's not very versatile. Sure in a 4-4-2 he's fine but in a 4-3-3 will he play out wide? He's not the same player. Hazard is far more flexible, plays in the Barca way and is just a better player.

Barca should make a serious effort for Hazard as I feel he's gettable this summer. Of course the Barca board has to be clever and go for other targets as well.

The way we're playing or played before Suarez was back to fucking up with Messi more in the middle, the LW is more of a LF so Griezmann who played as a winger for Real Sociedad could do really well there.

Obviously Hazard is a far more exciting prospect, but I find it hard to see Abramovich selling him.

Chelsea would want someone of equal quality to replace him.

putijean

The way we're playing or played before Suarez was back to fucking up with Messi more in the middle, the LW is more of a LF so Griezmann who played as a winger for Real Sociedad could do really well there.

Obviously Hazard is a far more exciting prospect, but I find it hard to see Abramovich selling him.

Chelsea would want someone of equal quality to replace him.

Chelsea fan in peace here.
Honestly if you guys bid 150 million fairly certain we will sell. Abramovich is no longer pumping money into the club anymore.
The last couple of years our net spent has been close to breakeven. I don't think we'd turn down that kind of money.
Besides that Hazard will only have 2 years left on his contract by the end of this season and reports say he's waiting to see if any bids come in from Real or Barcelona before he signs a new one.
If a bid comes in i'm sure he'd push for the move. So he really isn't as unobtainable as you guys think.

Regarding Griezmann-Hazard it really depends how you guys are going to play. If you're going to play with Messi false 9 and wide forwards (keeping things wide on the wings and making those diagonal runs in behind) then Griezmann would be the better fit.
If however you're playing more like you did with Neymar-Suarez-Messi (more playmaking and 1 on 1 abillity) then Hazard is more suited to that role.

Hazard is better then Griezmann but he would cost more. With Hazard you could lineup something like this.

---------Suarez
Hazard--Messi--Dembele

I'm coming from a Barca standpoint , you're clearly biased given your username ...

Here's his injury history ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eden-hazard/verletzungen/spieler/50202

Sorry but you don't have the whole story here.
Those 2 minor wounds reports are also part of his hip injury. Not sure why they're labeled that though.

He injured his hip on the 14th of december. He fell awkwardly on it. He was out for the next 2 games. Then he came back but 3 weeks later he relapsed. (that's the second minor wounds report) He was out for 2 weeks then he came back.
Now at the time it wasn't known but the second time the injury never really healed up and since that time (jan 18th) he played with painkillers.
It was only after we were knocked out of the CL by PSG (pretty much ending our season as we had nothing to compete for anymore )that he was allowed to properly rest up. This was the 9th of march. He was then rested for 6 weeks.
He then came back and looked like the Hazard we knew.

Galning

Honestly if you guys bid 150 million fairly certain we will sell. Abramovich is no longer pumping money into the club anymore.
The last couple of years our net spent has been close to breakeven. I don't think we'd turn down that kind of money.
Besides that Hazard will only have 2 years left on his contract by the end of this season and reports say he's waiting to see if any bids come in from Real or Barcelona before he signs a new one.
If a bid comes in i'm sure he'd push for the move. So he really isn't as unobtainable as you guys think.

Regarding Griezmann-Hazard it really depends how you guys are going to play. If you're going to play with Messi false 9 and wide forwards (keeping things wide on the wings and making those diagonal runs in behind) then Griezmann would be the better fit.
If however you're playing more like you did with Neymar-Suarez-Messi (more playmaking and 1 on 1 abillity) then Hazard is more suited to that role.

Hazard is better then Griezmann but he would cost more. With Hazard you could lineup something like this.

---------Suarez
Hazard--Messi--Dembele

Those 2 minor wounds reports are also part of his hip injury. Not sure why they're labeled that though.

He injured his hip on the 14th of december. He fell awkwardly on it. He was out for the next 2 games. Then he came back but 3 weeks later he relapsed. (that's the second minor wounds report) He was out for 2 weeks then he came back.
Now at the time it wasn't known but the second time the injury never really healed up and since that time (jan 18th) he played with painkillers.
It was only after we were knocked out of the CL by PSG (pretty much ending our season as we had nothing to compete for anymore )that he was allowed to properly rest up. This was the 9th of march. He was then rested for 6 weeks.

Nice post, welcome to the forum! :)

Zincubus

Banned

---------Suarez
Hazard--Messi--Dembele

It's that's correct then that's fair enough .... still don't want him here though :)

We can't afford any more players that don't chase back when they lose possession l.

PS. Where was he against lowly West Ham yesterday .??

I saw Lanzini running things in midfield ....

putijean

Nice post, welcome to the forum! :)

It's that's correct then that's fair enough .... still don't want him here though :)

We can't afford any more players that don't chase back when they lose possession l.

PS. Where was he against lowly West Ham yesterday .??

I saw Lanzini running things in midfield ....

The loss against WHU was more down to us setup poorly tactically then individual performances. Think Conte didn't expect WHU to set up as defensive as they did. Playing a 3-5-2 played right into their hands as they were playing very narrow.

We're also a bit limited in attacking personnel. Our wingbacks aren't that good going forward and out of the 4 midfield options we have only 1 of them is a creative player. Fabregas.
We were never really able to stretch them so there was no space in the central areas to exploit and in the wide areas we just lacked any real penetration cause like i said earlier our wingbacks aren't that good going forward.

DonAK

---------Suarez
Hazard--Messi--Dembele

You make a good point, however there is one problem there.

Luis Suarez. Unless he makes a big comeback, we cannot have him up top there. The other option would be to have Dembele on the right, Hazard/Griezmann on the left playing as an inside forward and Messi through the middle. It can work as long as long as everyone(exc. Messi ofc) works defensively and we have more creativity through the middle with Coutinho freeing Messi up so he won't have to drop deep all the time.

I don't think there is a CF we can replace Suarez with right away and Messi won't play out wide.

serghei

I'd take Griezmann for 100m in front of any other attacker. Griezmann + Coutinho + Arthur. If there's not enough money for an Arthur move, then get Goretzka for free.

Hazard hasn't done more than Griezmann in these years to deserve a bigger fee imo. It's gonna be close to impossible to sign 2 stars from PL, because PL is an expensive league to sign from. Hazard and Coutinho are probably 2 of the best 5-6 players in England.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans