User Tag List

Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2119

Thread: Eden Hazard

  1. #1501
    New signing
    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    Naming Bale in the team of the season isn't an outlier or simple mistake, it's a significant and obvious reason alone to not be taken seriously.

    Stats are decieving, as many say. I don't give a shit how many dribbles Hazard completes. If half of them are at mid field and he stops and passes back after beating 3 players...I don't give a shit (I'm not saying Hazard only does this, its more of an attack on stats than on Hazard). When Messi consistently dribbles players and it leads to goals or creating goals, I care. The goal vs Atletico is a perfect example and leads to my next point...

    Where is Hazard in the big games like in the CL? Where are all his dribbles? Where are his WC performances? What I do know is that Neymar scored a ton of goals last season and lit the CL on fire. How many goals did he score in the knockout stages? They weren't goals when we were 4 goals up either, they were impact goals. Not to mention he was giving every top team a hard time with his performances to begin with.

    Comparing Hazard to Neymar last season is just silly. You can barf out all the stats you want but Neymar had a HUGE season and was vital to winning the league and most importantly the CL. Let it also be known that I adore Hazard and have been following him since France; dreamed of us signing him...even remember stating so and people telling me he was overrated..

    What did Hazard do...? Some nice dribbles bro!!!
    Hazard topped squawka, whoscored and ea ppi system. The 3 major sources for statistical analysis.
    Statistics are deceiving yes, yet all are referring to goals scored and assists to criticize him? But are using the opposite reasoning when defending Iniesta from criticism?
    Hazard is the player at Chelsea who will drop deep to collect the ball, make a surging run with the ball 30m upfield, draw in defenders and then release the ball to the open spaces.
    Neymar on the other hand is the one who will get on the end of such work at Barcelona.

  2. #1502
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give credit were credit is due to a phenomenal player. Some of you guys talk about Hazard and CL, but how many chances has he had to shine at Chelsea in that competition? Very few.

    1st season : Chelsea couldn't even make it out of the group stage.

    2nd season : Hazard got injured in the quarter finals vs PSG after destroying Galatasaray in the round before and was barely even fit when Mourinho desperately dragged him out vs Atletico Madrid.

    3rd season : Chelsea knocked out in the round of 16 by PSG. Mourinho parked two double decker buses in the away leg and Hazard was forced to play as a 2nd left back by Mourinho. Home leg, Chelsea had their worst performance of the season. Hazard tried but couldn't do it alone.

    4th season : If Mourinho can show some balls and Chelsea perform and get lucky with the draws, then Hazard will have a platform to shine.

    But this fiction of Hazard not performing in big games is simply that, fiction. One of the reasons he won the PFA player of the year award was because of his brilliant performances in the big games.

  3. #1503
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players need support, what do you expect Hazard to do in the games were Mourinho parks it. Dribble everyone on the field or blast it in from 40 yards?

  4. #1504
    Senior Member
    Co0ter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james baldwin View Post
    Let's pretend that Neymar doesn't play for the strongest team in the world and alongside the best number 9 in the world and one of the greatest players in history, while Hazard plays for Chelsea under a manager who plays defensive football in big games. Apples/oranges, anyone? Neymar has a better platform to succeed and an easier life! This is a fact. If both players swap teams, Neymar won't do anything different vs PSG (ironically, Hazard was Chelsea's best player in that game despite Chelsea playing so woefully!) I can only the imagine the havoc Hazard will cause if he played for a super strong attacking team like Barcelona!
    All I'm seeing is a bunch of "if" to support your argument and not a whole lot of reality. There is no reason to believe Neymar could not perform just as good, if not better than Hazard at Chelsea. It's all "if", or in other words a bunch of who gives a shit.

    Neymar has it too easy and couldn't perform as well outside of Barca...hmm what about for Brazil? He's been pretty much fantastic for them, the only good thing they have going for them at the moment. That team sucks, and he continues to carry them and score goals.

    Hazard is actually on a stacked team. Blame it on the coach if you want, but Dunga and Scolari being shit coaches didn't stop Neymar from performing well. Hazard has been dreadful for his national team.

    Those are facts, things that have actually happened. Isn't looking too good for Hazard imo.
    Last edited by Co0ter; 29th July 2015 at 08:13 PM.

  5. #1505
    New signing
    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    All I'm seeing is a bunch of "if" to support your argument and not a whole lot of reality. There is no reason to believe Neymar could not perform just as good, if not better than Hazard at Chelsea. It's all "if", or in other words a bunch of who gives a shit.

    Neymar has it too easy and couldn't perform as well outside of Barca...hmm what about for Brazil? He's been pretty much fantastic for them, the only good thing they have going for them at the moment. That team sucks, and he continues to carry them and score goals.

    Hazard is actually on a stacked team. Blame it on the coach if you want, but Dunga and Scolari being shit coaches didn't stop Neymar from performing well. Hazard has been dreadful for his national team.

    Those are facts, things that have actually happened. Isn't looking too good for Hazard imo.
    Lies.

  6. #1506
    Senior Member
    Co0ter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazard is an amazing player, I don't think any sane person will argue that..but saying Hazard had a better season than Neymar is borderline delusional.
    Pwn'ing no0bs since 1985.

  7. #1507
    Senior Member
    Co0ter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Lies.
    He's been ineffective and never has a large impact on the games. There are other players who consistently play better than him on the Belgium team and that says a lot considering the team has performed horribly, especially given they are stacked with talent.
    Pwn'ing no0bs since 1985.

  8. #1508
    New signing
    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    He's been ineffective and never has a large impact on the games. There are other players who consistently play better than him on the Belgium team and that says a lot considering the team has performed horribly, especially given they are stacked with talent.
    He hasn't been prolific, but he's been far from ineffective or having a marginal impact. De Bruyne was the main guy during qualification for the last world cup, but ever since Hazard has clearly been the best performer for Belgium.
    And Belgium is hardly stacked with talent. De Bruyne, Hazard and Courtois are at the elite level. Kompany was but has been struggling. The rest? Not so much. It's a great array of talent but it's not like people should be going nuts about them not winning anything.

  9. #1509
    Senior Member
    BerkeleyBernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Posts
    2,435
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    All I'm seeing is a bunch of "if" to support your argument and not a whole lot of reality. There is no reason to believe Neymar could not perform just as good, if not better than Hazard at Chelsea.
    There is a reason: Neymar doesn't show the vision/judgement and accurate passing necessary for a playmaker. Barça's system is constructed to play to his strengths and minimize his weaknesses (which it does quite well, as we all can see).
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

  10. #1510
    Senior Member
    Bran the Greenseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And during the WC Hazard stood there and let his teammates do the work while Neymar quite literally carried his side forward and got a broken back for it.

  11. #1511
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran the Greenseer View Post
    And during the WC Hazard stood there and let his teammates do the work while Neymar quite literally carried his side forward and got a broken back for it.
    Neymar disappeared after the group stages actually. No goals or assists in the knockout rounds. Neither were all that great in the World Cup imo.

  12. #1512
    Blue Blooded Aussie
    antonnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthist View Post
    It's difficult to say who's better between Hazard and Neymar. Hazard is a better dribbler and stronger on the ball but Neymar has better movement and has more off a killer instinct.
    This is pretty much the short version of my thoughts on both. And Neymar performs on a national level which Hazard doesn't. Belgium also need an actual manager too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    He had a ride in between Gumbau, Douglas and Bartra.
    Don't think he could do that if Dani,Busquets and Pique were playing there
    Yeah basically. He might be able to but he wouldn't have that kinda space so it'd be massively difficult. Give him as mich space as he got yesterday and he'll do that all day long.

  13. #1513
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    1,826
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Hazard topped squawka, whoscored and ea ppi system. The 3 major sources for statistical analysis.
    No, he didn't. Unless you're speaking only of the EPL.

  14. #1514
    Senior Member
    BerkeleyBernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Posts
    2,435
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonnn View Post
    Belgium also need an actual manager too.
    Ya think?
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

  15. #1515
    New signing
    Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvens View Post
    No, he didn't. Unless you're speaking only of the EPL.
    Since EA PPI is only EPL I was talking only EPL

Tags for this Thread