Eden Hazard

G

Gasgas

hazard is miles ahead a better dribbler than neymar
with chelsea hazard is their main creative outlet and so he is not the one relied to score, he is the one to make those dribbles to pull defenders and leaves the goal scoring and assisting to the likes of cesc costa etc

with barca neymar is a goalscorer mainly and he is tasked to constantly make runs to receive messi passes

there are few or no stats that can compare these players. different teams, different leagues, different roles

G

Gasgas

The same whoscored with Bale on tots la liga? That site is hardly objective, yet many use it as a credible source when it comes to football.

their rating is based purely on statistics
that is why players with high number of dribbles per game, shots, etc no matter the league they play in will always feature in the top player lists

Interlop

Neymar is clearly better than Hazard this season!!
Neymar had 40 goals and 8 assists.
Finished as Champions League Top Scorer with Messi and Ronaldo.
Scored in both QF, both SF and Final of Champions League.
Scored in Clasico and pretty much all important matches.
Won the TREBLE.
Why are we even dabating?

Neymar is clearly better than Hazard this season!!
Neymar had 40 goals and 8 assists.
Finished as Champions League Top Scorer with Messi and Ronaldo.
Scored in both QF, both SF and Final of Champions League.
Scored in Clasico and pretty much all important matches.
Won the TREBLE.
Why are we even dabating?

Those things will win Neymar the Balon' Dor not the hearts of Hazard fans :lol:

G

Gasgas

I can bring up advanced stats from squawka.com that show that Hazard outperformed Neymar last season in many categories relevant to an attacking player, but it's pointless to do so. And it proves nothing. Neymar scored 40+ goals last season. He was amazing. But since when did a player's quality become completely determined by goals? Iniesta at his best rarely scored, yet no one argues his quality. Same with Zidane. Laudrup, Figo and so on, so why the double standard for Hazard?

I don't need a stat to determine player "X" is better than player "Y", yes specific stats can tell you something. i.e Neymar is a better scorer than Hazard, but Hazard is a better playmaker and dribbler. Yet no stat can tell define Neymar's off the ball movement or how Hazard's dribbling destabilizes defences and creates spaces for his teammates. I prefer to go by the eye-test and the eye test tells me that:

Hazard is the better player and by far the better dribbler. So let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.
i say bring them

Co0ter

Naming Bale in the team of the season isn't an outlier or simple mistake, it's a significant and obvious reason alone to not be taken seriously.

Stats are decieving, as many say. I don't give a shit how many dribbles Hazard completes. If half of them are at mid field and he stops and passes back after beating 3 players...I don't give a shit (I'm not saying Hazard only does this, its more of an attack on stats than on Hazard). When Messi consistently dribbles players and it leads to goals or creating goals, I care. The goal vs Atletico is a perfect example and leads to my next point...

Where is Hazard in the big games like in the CL? Where are all his dribbles? Where are his WC performances? What I do know is that Neymar scored a ton of goals last season and lit the CL on fire. How many goals did he score in the knockout stages? They weren't goals when we were 4 goals up either, they were impact goals. Not to mention he was giving every top team a hard time with his performances to begin with.

Comparing Hazard to Neymar last season is just silly. You can barf out all the stats you want but Neymar had a HUGE season and was vital to winning the league and most importantly the CL. Let it also be known that I adore Hazard and have been following him since France; dreamed of us signing him...even remember stating so and people telling me he was overrated..

What did Hazard do...? Some nice dribbles bro!!!

Last edited:

Morten

Naming Bale in the team of the season isn't an outlier or simple mistake, it's a significant and obvious reason alone to not be taken seriously.

Stats are decieving, as many say. I don't give a shit how many dribbles Hazard completes. If half of them are at mid field and he stops and passes back after beating 3 players...I don't give a shit. When Messi consistently dribbles players and it leads to goals or creating goals, I care. The goal vs Atletico is a perfect example and leads to my next point...

Where is Hazard in the big games like in the CL? Where are all his dribbles? Where are his WC performances? What I do know is that Neymar scored a ton of goals last season and lit the CL on fire. How many goals did he score in the knockout stages? They weren't goals when we were 4 goals up either, they were impact goals. Not to mention he was giving every top team a hard time with his performances to begin with.

Comparing Hazard to Neymar last season is just silly. You can barf out all the stats you want but Neymar had a HUGE season and was vital to winning the league and most importantly the CL.

Neymar plays for Barca, that automatically makes it easier to perform and win trophies. Fact of life.

Co0ter

Neymar plays for Barca, that automatically makes it easier to perform and win trophies. Fact of life.

That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever read. Such a cop out. What about Alexis? Cesc? Hleb? Ibra? Hell even both Henry and Villa only had one good season here dude (no, just because Henry was our top scorer his first year didn't mean he played good, the whole team was awful). Neymar played better his first season here than Alexis did in any season with us.

Boo hoo. Poor Chelsea and Real Madrid. You guys got it so tough spending tons of money every season and having WC teams then making comments like that.

Last season in Barc he did well, actually. But when he finally did it right, Barca sold him :lol:

The irony of it all. Came as one of the next big things only to feel crushed by the weight of Messi then finally clawing his way up to a good level and get sold for a guy who just got done bitting a chuck out of an italian :lol:

Also to Morten's defense, we do have Messi which makes things a hell of a lot easier. And no matter how much money you have that quality gap that Messi gives us can't be simply filled up especially with Ronaldo becoming more and more a poacher with each passing day.

james baldwin

Stats are decieving, as many say. I don't give a shit how many dribbles Hazard completes. If half of them are at mid field and he stops and passes back after beating 3 players...I don't give a shit (I'm not saying Hazard only does this, its more of an attack on stats than on Hazard). When Messi consistently dribbles players and it leads to goals or creating goals, I care. The goal vs Atletico is a perfect example and leads to my next point...

Comparing Hazard to Neymar last season is just silly. You can barf out all the stats you want but Neymar had a HUGE season and was vital to winning the league and most importantly the CL. Let it also be known that I adore Hazard and have been following him since France; dreamed of us signing him...even remember stating so and people telling me he was overrated..

Let's pretend that Neymar doesn't play for the strongest team in the world and alongside the best number 9 in the world and one of the greatest players in history, while Hazard plays for Chelsea under a manager who plays defensive football in big games. Apples/oranges, anyone? Neymar has a better platform to succeed and an easier life! This is a fact. If both players swap teams, Neymar won't do anything different vs PSG (ironically, Hazard was Chelsea's best player in that game despite Chelsea playing so woefully!) I can only the imagine the havoc Hazard will cause if he played for a super strong attacking team like Barcelona!

Home of Barca Fans