Jose Arnaiz

messi1995

Should be sold. To be honest he is simply not good enough. I thought he was good and could be like Pedro, but he is 22 (almost 23) and is not that good. Can try loan him out to Betis because Setienn is a really good coach, but doubt he is Barca level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently going to Getafe for free as a part of the deal to get Planes working for Barca alongside Abidal

xXKonan

[tw]1009167597391220736[/tw]

Not so fast.

Seems like he will do preseason for the first team and B team and we intend to keep him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might just avoid rumors because all these journalists are fucking ridiculous. Some say this then gets refuted by another one a few hours later and in the end, both turn out to be wrong somehow.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Imo we could try Arnaiz as a squad player for the first team. Good option for Copa and as a sub. Especially as an inside left forward when Messi plays as a false 9.
Give him a couple of chances and sell if he is not able to make it.

tacticvarium

The only problem is that he didn't play enough games to be properly judged. No one knows how he will perform throughout the whole season.

God Serena

He's certainly head and shoulders better than Paco, but is promoting him as a squad player a better option than just keeping Munir? I don't think so...

Messi983

Don't know how I feel about Getafe as his destination with their obvious historically connections with Madrid though they seemed to move away from that a bit.

I think Bordalas is a very good coach and they've already signed Jaime Mata and Sergi Guardiola (yes, the one who was our player for a few hours :D years ago) who have scored more than 50 goals combined in Segunda last season and according to rumours they are after some other good players (watch out for Gonzalo Melero from Huesca if they can get him) and while it's unlikely they'll repeat last season and be able to compete for European spots they seem more like a solid midtable team than relegation candidates to me right now but of course a lot can still change until the end of transfer window.

I would prefer Arnaiz going to a team who plays more offensive to make the most out of his potential but if he'll get regular playing time in his first La Liga experience this loan could work out as well for him. Age is probably limiting his upside and will most likely prevent him to make it back to our first team as a squad player in a year but if he'll stay healthy and have a good season it could raise his value and generate interest from better teams so we can sell him next year.

Lol, Sport is now reporting Barça has denied Arnaiz to Getafe is a done deal and people inside the club were surprised about Angel Torres's statement. They are also saying other clubs are better positioned than Getafe to get him. Could be just their usual BS but if true Torres is even worse than Pep Segura. :lol:

Messi983

Did we really denied a deal or was it not closed yet when Angel Torres has announced his signing? I wouldn't blame Barça here without knowing more details. For all we know he could still end up in Getafe. But even if we had an agreement with them until all papers are signed transfer (or loan in this case) is not confirmed. It wouldn't be the first nor the last time that one of the clubs would backed out of the agreement at last minute for whatever reason.

Maybe Arnaiz rejected them because he got a better offer/prefers to go to another club or possibly he wants to stay and do a preseason with our first team and try to convince EV to keep him before accepting a loan.

Home of Barca Fans