Jose Arnaiz

Devils

Just rewatched the highlights.

FFS this guy is special. Unbelievable skill and technique.

Him and Dembouz on the wings with Messi and Suarez back in form is a nightmare for any team.

M

MessiCam

He doesn't remind me of Pedro. To me, Pedro is clearly a winger, whereas Arnaiz is a forward who can play on the wing.

He's really suited for our current system, with Messi as false 9. In fact, he fits the bill perfectly. Neither a pure winger nor a center forward. The way we play, we need his skills more than Alcácer's, and I'm not judging their respective overall quality, but their specific qualities and what our current style of play demands.
I actually think it’s the other way around. He is a winger that can play as a forward. You very seldom find centre forwards with his skill set. Winger for me.

The rest I completely agree with. If he breaks through it could very well be that the end is nigh for brother Luis. You could fit them all in a 4-2-3-1 system but the passing game will be affected as well as Iniesta having to play a deeper role. Just not going to happen.

Zinedinho

I actually think it’s the other way around. He is a winger that can play as a forward. You very seldom find centre forwards with his skill set. Winger for me.

The rest I completely agree with. If he breaks through it could very well be that the end is nigh for brother Luis. You could fit them all in a 4-2-3-1 system but the passing game will be affected as well as Iniesta having to play a deeper role. Just not going to happen.

Ok, but remember I said "forward", not "center forward". "Forward" is a more generic, ambiguous and inclusive term that both winger or center forward.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's someone that I see Messi enjoying playing with and same with Iniesta.

With Dembele not being back in the next couple of months he should definitely be an option. I would rather give him more chances than be stuck with a conservative 4-4-2 which benefits no one.

God Serena

The problem with Arnaiz is that he's not going to start over Suarez no matter how well he plays or how badly Suarez stinks up the joint, because Suarez is an automatic starter, just because he's Suarez. And if we know anything about Suarez by now, he's going to play every game, period.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Is it just me or he looks down most of the time? Should make it hard to get involved in link-up play playing that way, right?

henias

He can seriously provide some width on the left-hand side and help out Iniesta instead of Iniesta having to go forward all the time. A very promising player, reminds me of a mix of Thiago and and Sanchez. He's very explosive, certainly just what we need, post-Neymar.

If Valverde still doesnt see the potential in him, I will end myself. Like seriously. :suarez1:

Last edited:

God Serena

He can seriously provide some width on the left-hand side and help out Iniesta instead of Iniesta having to go forward all the time. A very promising player, reminds me of a mix of Thiago and and Sanchez. He's very explosive, certainly just what we need, post-Neymar.

If Valverde still doesnt see the potential in him, I will end myself. Like seriously. :suarez1:

Valverde is the one who wanted the B team to sign him in the first place, I don't think Valverde not seeing his potential is the problem, here.

Windhook

Yeah, Valverde is not to blame. The star status of some of our declining players is the problem. They think they are untouchable.

Jose Arnaiz reminds me of Isco and Amin Younes, not Pedro. Speaking of Younes there is physical resemblance between him and Arnaiz.:lol:

I like his hard accurate shots, something not many players in Barcelona squad are capable of.

M

MessiCam

Valverde kept him on for the full 90 for a reason. If he performs in the return leg I’m sure he will get called up.

Suárez must be moved on but according to a few here he is a bargaining chip for Messi. I don’t know how accurate that is but it’s ridiculous if true.

khaled_a_d

Valverde kept him on for the full 90 for a reason. If he performs in the return leg I’m sure he will get called up.

Suárez must be moved on but according to a few here he is a bargaining chip for Messi. I don’t know how accurate that is but it’s ridiculous if true.

It has been said for years that player X or player Y are here b/c of Messi. I think it is bs tbh, I think Messi doesn't get involved that much in such decisions

JamDav1982

It has been said for years that player X or player Y are here b/c of Messi. I think it is bs tbh, I think Messi doesn't get involved that much in such decisions

I doubt he takes much involvement in decisions but keeping Messi happy is def a consideration when signing/selling players.

Pep said it and demonstrated it with Ibra.

M

MessiCam

I doubt he takes much involvement in decisions but keeping Messi happy is def a consideration when signing/selling players.

Pep said it and demonstrated it with Ibra.
I don’t know. Would Messi rather keep his friends around or win trophies?

Messi has seen a fair few sent packing or that they’ve decided to leave. Ronaldinho, Henry, Alves, Deco, Xavi, Fàbregas, Eto’o etc etc

Home of Barca Fans