Jose Arnaiz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think his age is a problem.

If he plays for the 1st team he might not be eligible to play for Barca B again.

xXKonan

I think the cut off age is 23 years old if you play for the first team once and you won't be able to play for the B team again. It was 1993 a season ago now it's 1994 and Arnaiz was born in 1995.

We tried to call up Martinez as a bench option as Marlon wasn't eligible yet when Masche and Mathieu were injured but we couldn't as he just turned 23 that year (2016).

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He can become a player like Nolito in the future. Late bloomer, played for Barca B then performed excellently in La Liga for a top-7 side.

JamDav1982

He still needs to learn to play more as a team player as a lot of his actions just now are head down, dribble and shoot which wont really translate too well to first team.

Could see Alena getting pissed off with it a bit at times yesterday.

Not ready yet but looks like could offer something in future.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He can become a player like Nolito in the future. Late bloomer, played for Barca B then performed excellently in La Liga for a top-7 side.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he's a late bloomer and whatever the case he'd only be a backup anyway. God knows we should have kept Nolito.

xXKonan

DMNpnFMW0AI-I5l.jpg

Seems like Arnaiz impressed Valverde and could/will get a shot here in the Copa Del rey.

Porque

Talentwiss I think he has more upside than Nolito. Nolito was quite one dimensional and laborious until his Celta move where he was 25/26.

Seems to have the right attitude and works incredibly hard. When you think of our AML void there is definately a window for him to break with the right mixture of talent, hardwork and luck (like Pedro did).

Him, Cucurella and Alenya are the closest to our first team from the B team right now, and should all be getting Copa chances and the 6th CL game. Maybe Cucu less so simply because Digne needs more minutes.

xXKonan

Looking forward seeing him with first team tomorrow.
I think he will bring something different to the table that we seemed to be missing since Neymar left and Dembele got injured.

Someone who's not only quick but someone with great technicality and good at 1v1ing. He has his flaws but watching him with the B team he's incredibly dangerous every time he has the ball. who knows he could be Nolito like player.

Messi983

How come we paid 1.4m for a 22-year-old to play for reserves!

It was actually around 3.5M.

But from what he's shown so far I think he's more than worth that. Maybe he won't make it to the first team but we can still sell him and at least recuperate that money.

Home of Barca Fans