Liga | Round 2: Deportivo Alaves - FC Barcelona 0-2

Saint Raphaël

Messi has been shocking so far this season, he needs to step his game up.

Why? He has no motivation. He can spill his guts on the field and the team will still be poor and trophyless at the end of the season.

Shocking way this club is being handled. I'm going to get dissed, but I feel less and less angry at Neymar. Wouldn't surprise me if Messi GsTFO of here next season.

T

TS88

Why? He has no motivation. He can spill his guts on the field and the team will still be poor and trophyless at the end of the season.

Shocking way this club is being handled. I'm going to get dissed, but I feel less and less angry at Neymar. Wouldn't surprise me if Messi GsTFO of here next season.

I agree, I believe Neymar made a good decision and I think he will win a CL while at PSG. Barca would not have knocked PSG out last year if it wasn't for Neymar. Messi won't leave unless he goes back to his boyhood club in Argentina which he has always said.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Messi having to carry shit like Paco, Gomes and Iniesta and Raki as well these days who offer nothing. He's lost Neymar who was the only player anywhere near his wavelength.

T

TS88

I expected messi too score a brace after missing that penalty too prove he can carry this team and he has done just that.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Messi the only player who can score in this team. He needs to be high up the pitch and given service. Coutinho needed as well as Dembele to initiate this. Hopefully these two can score and even Paulinho to get double figures.

As shit as Suarez is now he at least knocks a few in (although most put on a plate by Messi).

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
3 points against a defensive team that only lost 4 times at home last season. I'll take it. Worried about the Messidependencia, tho.

EdmondDantes

God Messi answered my prayers.

3 points in the bag.

I was very impressed with that young, tall, lanky, centre back, Rodrigo Ely. If I'm not mistaken he used to play for AC Milan, I hadn't heard nor seen him in years, he's got the tools to step up a few levels.

Windhook

I presume Deulofeu played his last match as a starter. He is still better than Paco, though.

I don't like seeing Messi at end of every finishing pass, sometimes there are better options than to seek the Argentine. For example, in the last minutes Denis should have passed/crossed the ball to the guy on the open, Rakitic.

EdmondDantes

I presume Deulofeu played his last match as a starter. He is still better than Paco, though.

I don't like seeing Messi at end of every finishing pass, sometimes there are better options than to seek the Argentine. For example, in the last minutes Denis should have passed/crossed the ball to the guy on the open, Rakitic.

You have a point. Against bigger teams, that would make us easier to defend.

Teams will just have their defenders flock Messi whenever we're in their danger zone.

Other players need to step up.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Was a hard team to break down, but eventually got there in the end with two Messi goals. Happy for the 3 points...but disappointed with the experiment of our line up.

Hektor

Good game! Obviously we need more power up front. L. Suarez, and Dembélé are coming. Maybe Coutinho? We'll be fine.

Alaves put all their 11 players near their own goal. Barça only had 8-9 players. Alaves had their most powerful defender, the goalie, back there. He is the only player allowed to touch and grab the ball. People forget that. We need to shoot from outside more to bring the defenders up and thus creating more spaces inside.

The way Messi stood in from of the ball, he telegraphed the direction of the penalty. There was no way he could shot the other way.

Typical Barça game. If your team chases after the ball during the 1st half, you cannot do it all game long.

Good Win!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans