Liga | Round 2: Deportivo Alaves - FC Barcelona 0-2

xXKonan

So he thinks Roberto is better than Semedo?! :lol:
Or He's playing him there in order to keep him from thinking of leaving. He wouldn't dare bench the underperforming Rakitic but he would bench Semedo instead despite him being a much superior RB to Roberto.

Cool

Valvarde is going ham with the lineups, I just hops he knows what he's doing, it also seems Paulinho will get the Semedo treatment.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Maybe based on his Villareal or Nt matches.
At Barca, a guy was a ghost in 90% of matches.

Way below Barca's standards.

Nonsense. He showed good chemistry with the team even though he got very less chances. His output never picked up because he always get shafted for Gomes and Arda.

5ergio_Busquets

Or He's playing him there in order to keep him from thinking of leaving. He wouldn't dare bench the underperforming Rakitic but he would bench Semedo instead despite him being a much superior RB to Roberto.

Why wouldn't he dare to bench an underperforming Rakitic?

gatsu

I fear that sergi is the new people's hero. Hope I'm wrong if not roberto coulb be a cancer who will cause us major issues.

Semedo benched is a non-sens, this is worst than lucho. sport decision wise.

Paul

Paulinho is also benched, what a joke! :lol:

Anyway, I think Semedo needs some time to become a starter, and also Aleix has to play too, at least against teams like Alaves or Girona, after all, why did we keep for in the first place? I think Zidane will do the same with Theo and Marcelo on the other side.

xXKonan

Why wouldn't he dare to bench an underperforming Rakitic?
He would probably raise hell about it like Alba did when Lucho benched him in favor of the 3-3-1-3.

I mean we are playing a team that is known to be defensive, why bench one of your most technical players in the squad? for Roberto who has better uses in the Midfield. it's just mind boggling.

BBZ8800

Nonsense. He showed good chemistry with the team even though he got very less chances. His output never picked up because he always get shafted for Gomes and Arda.

When you are benched from 2 coaches in a row, by Lucho for Gomes and virtually anyone, and now by Valverde even though we have only 1 winger (Deulo), then do maths.
Either coaches are extremely stupid or this dude just sucks.

If Denis can't play today when we have only Messi, Deulo, Paco and him available, imagine how many minutes he will get as a winger when we'll have Dembele, Suarez (back) and maybe Coutinho.
As a midfielder, he'll play even less, since we have Iniesta, Rakitic, (Coutinho?), Busi, Roberto, still Arda and Gomes, Lord savior Paulinho, Alena etc.

Imo, he always played like a ghost.
And as you can see, it seems that our coaches aren't too impressed with him.
He is probably in bottom 3 of pecking order in our whole rooster (under both coaches).

Home of Barca Fans