Liga | Round 2: Deportivo Alaves - FC Barcelona 0-2

Messi983

Good win against a tough and well organized opponent playing their first game of the season in front of their own fans with a new coach and a lot of new players who wanted to prove themselves. It's easier to criticise our game but we have to give credit to Alaves for closing down really well until they conceded. I will always take 3 points from those type of games. I'm confident our performances will improve a lot when Valverde will know his players better and they will undestand what he demands from them (BTW, I totally disagree that it's the same system we played under Lucho and I'm pretty sure we'd drop points with him yesterday) and when new signings will also be integrated into the team. Valverde is trying different things and will do that for some time but at least he didn't start 7 new players in a tough away game.

2 games, 6 points and some progress shown on the pitch. I'm happy so far. And now that stupid NT break. Hopefully with no injuries.

Hektor

I can see what Valverde is trying to do obviously.

-Hold onto possession more

-Stay Compact

-Pressing on/off the ball.

Imagine if he had a couple of Midfielders who can create as well. that can replace Rakitic and the aging Iniesta. ''

Solid Structure Organization over Chaos that we have experienced under Lucho.

:goodpost: :valverde:

Gnidrologist

Solid match.

I asked the question in the chat would Barca look this good last season without Neymar and Suarez at Vitoria.
So yeah, bear this in mind.

We looked in control and much more like before we signed Neymar. More team-play and more control. Alaves had 2 great counters and that was that.
Agree with this. Although i can understand the questioning of line-up/positioning of certain players, team as a whole looked much more like Pep's era Barca. We didn't destroy teams in away games then either, but were always in control and dictating the tempo. Few dangerous conter-attacks are bound to always hapen given the extremely high defensive line. I doubt V didn't play Semedo out of sheer shits and giggles like Lucho used to shuffle the roster. Probably had some rational reason.

Ronaldinho10

Agree with this. Although i can understand the questioning of line-up/positioning of certain players, team as a whole looked much more like Pep's era Barca. We didn't destroy teams in away games then either, but were always in control and dictating the tempo. Few dangerous conter-attacks are bound to always hapen given the extremely high defensive line. I doubt V didn't play Semedo out of sheer shits and giggles like Lucho used to shuffle the roster. Probably had some rational reason.

Yeah we can't expect the highest level of football in away games like these. We did what we should and took the 3 points. Would of given Paulinho a bit more time to play before the end and I hope Valverde understands that Semedo needs to open as much games as possible!

Home of Barca Fans