Pep Segura

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like Robert, Segura and Bakero all might be out of jobs soon.

According to Raul Llimos at RAC1, no one in the Sporting Management are guaranteed to continue. Segura, Bakero and Robert's jobs are on the line with changes incoming.

[tw]1003981465691082752[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In general this shows how pathetic the planning in the club is. Such changes should have been made after the debacle last summer with Robert and Segura both being fired, but I guess the club didn't want to pay any of them any compensation so they're now waiting for both's contracts to run out.

Now we might have someone else who would not have planned any signings this summer, which is something that should have been done a month ago.

Devils

In general this shows how pathetic the planning in the club is. Such changes should have been made after the debacle last summer with Robert and Segura both being fired, but I guess the club didn't want to pay any of them any compensation so they're now waiting for both's contracts to run out.

Now we might have someone else who would not have planned any signings this summer, which is something that should have been done a month ago.

Could be that the club planned to not renew their contracts and made all their transfer decisions over the course of the season to avoid a transfer mess if new sporting directors come in.

Doesn't look like we are in for any surprises this summer with Lenglet, Arthur and Griezmann all being rumored for months that they would be joining Barca in the summer.

khaled_a_d

Firing them when club under crisis is never a solution, it would have made the club a bigger mess than it was. We allowed them to complete their work and we ended up with a better team than the year before.
Now is the time to reassese them, and it isn't a big problem if a new sporting director came. Monchi was signed around same time for Roma for example.

FCBfan22

Segura should've been fired the moment he opened his mouth about Cou and Dembouz on television.

The facet that they are only now thinking of replacing him, shows the real state of things in this club.

Devils

Segura should've been fired the moment he opened his mouth about Cou and Dembouz on television.

The facet that they are only now thinking of replacing him, shows the real state of things in this club.

Firing him during ongoing negotiations with Dortmund and Liverpool would have put those transfers into big trouble.

It would raise big red flags for Liverpool and Dortmund if their primary contact for negotiations and agreement were fired from Barca.

FCBfan22

Firing him during ongoing negotiations with Dortmund and Liverpool would have put those transfers into big trouble.

It would raise big red flags for Liverpool and Dortmund if their primary contact for negotiations and agreement were fired from Barca.

Was Segura even the primary contact? I thought those two went through Barto.

Doesn't matter anyway, he should've been fired as soon as those two transfers were completed.

Devils

Was Segura even the primary contact? I thought those two went through Barto.

Doesn't matter anyway, he should've been fired as soon as those two transfers were completed.

It was Robert and Segura that were primary people in charge of those transfers. Everyone involved would have been working under them.

It's never a good sign if multi-million dollar deals are on the table and one side decides to terminate the directors overseeing the operation.

But yeah, change is definitely needed and it's good that it is likely happening.

MTL_Barca

I don't believe anything until its 100% safe, i don't wanna wake up tomorrow and read we renewed Segura till 2022 and he will do Robert's job as well :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The problem is we've already jeopardized the summer with this sporting director saga.

I don't think Griezmann hinges on Segura's dismissal, because he's Farto's transfer. The only thing that matters is Griezmann's own decision which we probably won't know for another week.

Thiago, on the other hand, directly depends on Segura getting booted. And since Farto is too lazy/stubborn to do it before the end of the month, we can only buy Thiago after the world cup. It's always problematic trying to buy star players after the WC. If Thiago has a good tournament, Bayern may not want to sell him at all or jack up the price so much that we back down. Or he could have a not spectacular WC which would take Farto's eye off him and he'll probably lose interest and move on to some other player (who likely won't be similar at all and just another name)

If Thiago gets dropped entirely because of the WC dilemma then I think our next best hope is just to throw Mina in the garbage and open up the other non EU spot for Arthur to come early. And buy another midfielder to compete.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You live in a wonderland. Thiago won't be a starter for Spain and it would be terrible business to bring him back for the rumored fee.

Some of you are never satisfied. It seems Segura will be gone and Cruyff in but it's not enough. We should sack him 3 weeks before his contract expires.

JamDav1982

Barca are not going to refuse good ex La Masia players if they are available.

It is all words to make it seem not so easy to make way back to the young players moving for cash.

Joan

I would say Oscar Grau did a better job at handling the negoatations than Segura ever did.

Was Oscar Grau sent to Brazil to do Segura's job?

Segura was trusted with specific tasks and he failed. Soon after, rumors started to emerge.

Seems like the plan for the summer is there. Someone will execute it. Oscar might be the guy.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans