Pep Segura

MTL_Barca

[tw]1002844141116588032[/tw]

Not sure what to think about Jordi though. Has he proved he can do the job?

That said, can't wait to see Segura leave.

Can anyone say one good thing he did for the club?

Can't get much worse than Segura so probably worth a try

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to be cynical but is Jordi anything more than fig leaf for the board? Is there anything more than Cruyff's name that Jordi is offering?

Joan

I don't want to be cynical but is Jordi anything more than fig leaf for the board? Is there anything more than Cruyff's name that Jordi is offering?

Successful project in Israel with Maccabi. Does it mean much though?

I fear the same.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Do any of the possible candidates we have anything to offer? Both Monchi and Andrea Berta at Atletico seem to have rejected our offers. Cruyff want full control which means if he fails he'll be the one held accountable. Every signing or move he makes will be on his own doing.

If he rejects Barto's offer it will be Pep Segura or someone new who will work under Pep Segura.

He seem to be like his father was. Very principled. Any interference from anyone in the board in his project and he'll leave the same day it happens. He's not going to take the fall for something the board does.

Last edited:

Joan

Do any of the possible candidates we have anything to offer? Both Monchi and Andrea Berta at Atletico seem to have rejected our offers. Cruyff want full control which means if he fails he'll be the one held accountable. Every signing or move he makes will be on his own doing.

If he rejects Barto's offer it will be Pep Segura or someone new who will work under Pep Segura.

He seem to be like his father was. Very principled. Any interference from anyone in the board in his project and he'll leave the same day it happens. He's not going to take the fall for something the board does.

Do we have other candidates but Monchi, Berta and Jordi? Haven't heard of any. Truth be told, this has to be the worst time of the year to look for a sporting director.

1) Most are already employed and don't want to leave the project
2) Don't have enough time to plan the project

Cruyff might be principled, but the question is how knowledgeable he is. If he fails, don't really care whose fault it is. Barce they build today is the one for the future. I see they're planning long-term, De Ligt, De Jong... seems odd they'd bring someone new to take over.

I think it's more likely Segura will be in charge this summer.

If Jordi is as principled as it sounds from this rumor, that's good. I'd like to see such people in charge. But remains to be seen. On the other hand, he still comes to cover for the board. Can go either way.

Last edited:

DonAK

Do we have other candidates but Monchi, Berta and Jordi? Haven't heard of any. Truth be told, this has to be the worst time of the year to look for a sporting director.

1) Most are already employed and don't want to leave the project
2) Don't have enough time to plan the project

Cruyff might be principled, but the question is how knowledgeable he is. If he fails, don't really care whose fault it is. Barce they build today is the one for the future. I see they're planning long-term, De Ligt, De Jong... seems odd they'd bring someone new to take over.

I think it's more likely Segura will be in charge this summer.

It is, but Barca are prone to shit planning with this lot.

Segura in charge? Guys, I don't care if y'all religious or not, but we all better start praying because this might turn bad.

Joan

I just think it's more likely they'll trust Segura with one more summer than hire someone who doesn't even work in Europe right now. Days before the window opens.

JamDav1982

This summer is more or less planned.

Any sporting director change will not be for this summer as much as the future.

Folk go massively over the top about some Segura quote and think he wants massive fuckers that cant play when it is not the case.

DonAK

This summer is more or less planned.

Any sporting director change will not be for this summer as much as the future.

Folk go massively over the top about some Segura quote and think he wants massive fuckers that cant play when it is not the case.

Hopefully not planned like last summer where we chased Verratti all summer only to start making late bids for Coutinho and end up with neither.

And who can forget them desperately trying to sign Di Maria :facepalm:

JamDav1982

Hopefully not planned like last summer where we chased Verratti all summer only to start making late bids for Coutinho and end up with neither.

And who can forget them desperately trying to sign Di Maria :facepalm:

Last summer was chaotic due to Neymar leaving as much as anything.

Clubs chase players and dont get them at times.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How can anyone defend Segura. Every single report that mentions this guy is along the same lines and clearly indicates the vision he has for this Barca squad. He has been an absolutely corrosive presence at this club. All the way from his insulting Pique for a loss to his disaster of a transfer window last summer. He's obsessed with workhorses even more than BBZ and is now turning down a potentially great transfer for this team on some stupid, hypocritical "principle".

Segura is garbage, nothing more

M

MessiCam

How can anyone defend Segura. Every single report that mentions this guy is along the same lines and clearly indicates the vision he has for this Barca squad. He has been an absolutely corrosive presence at this club. All the way from his insulting Pique for a loss to his disaster of a transfer window last summer. He's obsessed with workhorses even more than BBZ and is now turning down a potentially great transfer for this team on some stupid, hypocritical "principle".

Segura is garbage, nothing more
Pretty much... His only claim to fame is that he got Raheem Sterling to the Liverpool first team. He’s a cancer of epic proportions.

Home of Barca Fans