Pep Segura

Devils

Pep Segura has so far signed:

-Dembele
-Coutinho
-Arthur
-Lenglet
-Malcolm
-Mina (who we are probably going to sell for over 3x the amount we bought him for)

Apparently this guy is a disaster though.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pep Segura has so far signed:

-Dembele
-Coutinho
-Arthur
-Lenglet
-Malcolm
-Mina (who we are probably going to sell for over 3x the amount we bought him for)

Apparently this guy is a disaster though.

For 400m+, overpaid imo. Except Coutinho all of them still have doubts over their heads. Let's wait and see how they perform.

Devils

Summer 2018: the Pep Segura masterclass.

DEAW2RrXcAAdHnC.jpg

serghei

I think this dude is more like the guy who ensures the communication between the transfers staff and Bartomeu. Don't think he actually makes the calls, or has a decisive say in things. He's more of a liaison between board at the top and the group that coordinates the transfers.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know whether to trust that but if it's true Segura should pack his bags.

Where was this guy during Cruyff's days or Barca's golden years under Guardiola?
Has he learned nothing about Barca? Doesn't he know about how Messi and Xavi were deemed too weak?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It was reported a couple of months ago by Albert Roge that Riqui had talks with Segura and started questioning his Barca future. Apparently didn't go too well until Pimienta convinced him to stay.

Not the first time that sort of stuff is reported.

So either all these journalists have an agenda against Pep Segura or there's some truth to it.

[tw]997744192234360832[/tw]

Joan

Everyone's bitching about Segura. If he was that powerful and only loved tall, strong workhorses, would we sign Coutinho, Arthur, Dembele, Malcom since he's here? Everyone in the club knew Riqui was a gem, people worried he'd go to Tottenham etc. Don't trust this.

DonAK

Don't know about the first team, but there's been way too many negative reports about Pep Segura when it comes to La Masia for all of it to be false.

He might just be a shit communicator which showed last summer when he was talking about our transfer targets publicly and it all backfired.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Everyone's bitching about Segura. If he was that powerful and only loved tall, strong workhorses, would we sign Coutinho, Arthur, Dembele, Malcom since he's here? Everyone in the club knew Riqui was a gem, people worried he'd go to Tottenham etc. Don't trust this.

Some of the above signings have to do with Barto (Coutinho) and Roberto (Arthur, Dembele, and Umtiti), Not sure what's Pep Segura's job besides chasing workhorse players and ruining Barca B. He isn't skilled negotiator too, for that I would hire a lawyer or ex-investment banker. But he is everywhere!

Joan

Some of the above signings have to do with Barto (Coutinho) and Roberto (Arthur, Dembele, and Umtiti), Not sure what's Pep Segura's job besides chasing workhorse players and ruining Barca B. He isn't skilled negotiator too, for that I would hire a lawyer or ex-investment banker. But he is everywhere!

Recall some reports saying Segura discovered Arthur (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, Pep's position's hugher than Robert's so no transfer could've been made without his permission. Has little to do with Barca B now really. Can agree with the last statement. Doesn't strike me as a great communicator.

Joan

Don't know about the first team, but there's been way too many negative reports about Pep Segura when it comes to La Masia for all of it to be false.

He might just be a shit communicator which showed last summer when he was talking about our transfer targets publicly and it all backfired.

I can totally see Segura saying the boy 'you need to bulk up a bit' in a... hmm, well, wrong way. :lol:

DonAK

Recall some reports saying Segura discovered Arthur (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, Pep's position's hugher than Robert's so no transfer could've been made without his permission. Has little to do with Barca B now really. Can agree with the last statement. Doesn't strike me as a great communicator.

It was our guy in Brazil Andre Cury who saw Arthur play first and reported back to Robert who then traveled to Brazil a couple of times to watch him play.

Messi983

To be fair many people here doubted Riqui can make it to the first team for the same reason than Segura.

FCBfan22

He is either completely quiet or goes on TV and declares our operations to the public. No middle option.
:lol:

He also doesn't strike me as an intelligent lad.

Home of Barca Fans