Pep Segura

Messi983

Not only Se Queda, he was the one who decided not to renew Robert's contract(decision was in his hands acc to Farto) to consolidate all power.

Truly a Game of Thrones move here.

But his own contract is also expiring at the end of the month, right? And so far there were no rumours he'll extend so it's still possible Segura will be gone too. There is a board meeting on Sunday and I guess they'll discuss about Segura's future among other things.

xXKonan

According to MD we will sign Ramon Planes, but he will only be the assistant of Abidal.

Considering the rumors that Abidal won't have as much power as Segura, it surprises me Planes would agree to come since Segura is the guy who holds all the keys.

xXKonan

Like I said above I don't understand why Ramon Planes would agree to come here if his powers are limited.

Bigger paycheck? possibly but I have to wonder if there's a chance Segura would lose some power. otherwise it would be a waste for Abidal and Planes to not have at least some sort of influence.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But his own contract is also expiring at the end of the month, right? And so far there were no rumours he'll extend so it's still possible Segura will be gone too. There is a board meeting on Sunday and I guess they'll discuss about Segura's future among other things.

OJOOO is back on track

Maybe Segura's days are numbered?

It doesn't seem like it. The club seem to have suggested they will work with Segura.

serghei

Segura won't have much power imo. Abidal will be the main man. He doesn't seem to be the puppet type just so he can have a job. The board won't risk getting him in the team just for the face of it. He'll decide things.

M

MessiCam

Segura won't have much power imo. Abidal will be the main man. He doesn't seem to be the puppet type just so he can have a job. The board won't risk getting him in the team just for the face of it. He'll decide things.

If Segura is told to piss off then yes, but under that power hungry piece of shit that ran La Masia to the brink of ruins there is no chance.

khaled_a_d

Abidal will not be responsible for any signings or anything related to money. He's just going to be a figurehead for the team and dressing room.

Pep Segura is still in charge of everything else.....

[tw]1004798213352837120[/tw]

This seem like a pure bs, Abidal is a very high character guy who can at times be too honest for his own good (i.e doesn't care about being politically correct) and had a previous bad blood with current board, was Laporta running mate. To say that he will accept being a puppet and not haing any power look like nonsense to say at least

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think him joining the board he criticised is nonsense.

We tend to imagine and attribute all sorts of good qualities onto players/people we like when in fact we don't know 10 percent of who they are.

serghei

I think him joining the board he criticised is nonsense.

We tend to imagine and attribute all sorts of good qualities onto players/people we like when in fact we don't know 10 percent of who they are.

If he comes to be their puppet yes it is. If he comes to change things, it could be a good thing.

George_Costanza

The workhorse signings will continue and even more given that Roberto is out and Segura have full power. Like I said many times, Barto is destroying this club.

Home of Barca Fans