Leon Goretzka

MessiDinho10

I'd say get him and ship Rakitić's arse to the town of Manchester.

I support this. Goretzka has a similar profile to Rakitic and Gomes and looks to have a higher sealing. We can still get some money for Rakitic now. Aleña is knocking on the door, and is more than capable of performing in the role Gomes has had this season.

Raketa10

I support this. Goretzka has a similar profile to Rakitic and Gomes and looks to have a higher sealing. We can still get some money for Rakitic now. Aleña is knocking on the door, and is more than capable of performing in the role Gomes has had this season.

One thing is sure, Goretzka is much faster than Rakitic and Gomes. :)

Last edited:

Yannik

[tw]922470172513964032[/tw]

Seem to be liability on defense,no?

Makes sense to utilize him next a more defensive partner. At Schalke he's the offensive part of the 2 CMs. He usually presses a lot on the wings, which might explain the amount of "dribbled past" stat, as it's simply easier for agile players to use their pace to cover more space than in the center of the pitch. His defensive contribution is okay though, not the greatest defender in the world, but for a CM I wouldn't say he's weak defensively. Dynamic offensive play is more his forte though.

squawka.png

BusiTheKing

From what I've seen he's not even better defensively than Samper, who is a better creator and passer in general. He looks like he could be a promising player in a mid PL club. No idea why we are going after him. Still, I would rather have him over Gomes and Rakitic.

M

MessiCam

From what I've seen he's not even better defensively than Samper, who is a better creator and passer in general. He looks like he could be a promising player in a mid PL club. No idea why we are going after him. Still, I would rather have him over Gomes and Rakitic.

Might as well keep Gomes instead of signing him. Some of these attacking midfielders standout when playing in teams with a direct style but look hapless when thrown in the deep end of Barcelona's passing game. Really don't see what he'd bring that Gomes doesn't at this stage.

raskolnikov

We should sign him in the winter and get rid of gomes and Arda. Reports inline indicate that we are close to signing him due to mats convincing him. All thiugh it has bayern transfer written all over it.

Yannik

Read he's fractured his leg. Not a great source though. Can anyone confirm?

Nothing about that in the German press or in the Schalke forums. Only source I saw saying this was TheSun.

Meanwhile Mundo Deportivo says that Goretzka wants to join Barca. There are some local Westphalian papers quoting this rumour, which makes it arguably not a lot more likely, but definitely not any less either.

Nothanks

Lol what makes you believe that Samper is a better creator and passer in general? or even better defensively.. guy can barely start for granada and las palmas

BusiTheKing

Lol what makes you believe that Samper is a better creator and passer in general? or even better defensively.. guy can barely start for granada and las palmas

Lol you could have put prime Xavi in that Grenada midfield and he wouldn't have been able to do make a difference.

Leon plays on instinct. He receives the ball, he can protect it and maybe beat his man. He sees space, he runs into it. He's not a player that thinks more than one step ahead. Put him in front of a deep set tight defense and he would have no clue what to do with all that time on the ball.

Samper probably wouldn't be as vital for someone like Schalke, but he's a much more sophisticated player.

Nothanks

right, but Xavi would undoubtedly and undisputedly start every game whereas the other not so much..
Samper is so overhyped its ridiculous, if he were not from la masia people would of forgot about him years ago.

Home of Barca Fans