Leon Goretzka

raskolnikov

It is simply the state of the business in football. There will always be feeder clubs in every league, not everyone can be the big fish. It is just that in Bundesliga there is only one big fish.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAARsAAAAJGZmYzI0ZWRhLTcwZDAtNDlhNi1hNDIzLTZhYTJhNGQ4OGVjMA.jpg

Sure but you can always aspire to be bigger right? Otherwise its like if a man is poor and just accepts poverty. Even if you try and fail you end up in the same position as you were before. So why not try?

Yannik

Honestly those suggestions about crippling yourself to cripple the rival aren't at all rational or realistic. Not in Germany, not anywhere. The first thing any club should care about is their own well-being. With stuff like this you damage yourself way more, and if everyone does that, you just damage the entire league.

Actually the most interesting and out-of-the-box thinking point I ever heard from someone who criticised the business of BuLi clubs was about the approach of singing young players. I had a friend from Sweden who told me that he doesn't think that's at all profitable and they will leave anyway when they are good.. He said he would rather pay the same fee for a 26+ player because that player will likely be better than an 18player for the same price, plus top clubs won't show interest in him when he peaks because he's already in an unattractive age. That means that some smaller clubs can keep their squads and stars together. Not saying I'd prefer that to the approach of signing talents (I mean they are just exciting), but I think this is actually perfectly viable tactic for smaller clubs that opposes this obsession with finding the next young Messi.

raskolnikov

Honestly those suggestions about crippling yourself to cripple the rival aren't at all rational or realistic. Not in Germany, not anywhere. The first thing any club should care about is their own well-being. With stuff like this you damage yourself way more, and if everyone does that, you just damage the entire league.

Actually the most interesting and out-of-the-box thinking point I ever heard from someone who criticised the business of BuLi clubs was about the approach of singing young players. I had a friend from Sweden who told me that he doesn't think that's at all profitable and they will leave anyway when they are good.. He said he would rather pay the same fee for a 26+ player because that player will likely be better than an 18player for the same price, plus top clubs won't show interest in him when he peaks because he's already in an unattractive age. That means that some smaller clubs can keep their squads and stars together. Not saying I'd prefer that to the approach of signing talents (I mean they are just exciting), but I think this is actually perfectly viable tactic for smaller clubs that opposes this obsession with finding the next young Messi.
I feel you would not cripple yourself in sucha terrible way that its impossible to overcome.
Say a team takes this approach now. Talents wont be so eager to join but those who do know the consequences. You can target foreign talent and 26 year olds like you said for the short term.
Then when you have solidified your position/reputation you can target german talent more.

Problem with signing 26 year olds is that for them to join the likes of schalke they are top club rejects or relative mediocre players who you cant profit on. You can still sell the likes of dembele to the barca/Real of the world rather than say Babel and make no profit on the more unwanted experience player.

Whats also possible (to suggest a less extreme approach) is to put in Bayern clauses where they basically pay twice as much than normal clubs but yiu still keep the consequences for not renewing.
So say max meyer can join Real for 60m, Bayern pay 100+ if they really value the player they will cough up the money. This of course would never happen to Bayern being cheap but atleast you offer the illusion of a possibility to join your favourite team.

I prefer the more extreme strategy but there are more possibilities rather than just accept this situation.

5ergio_Busquets

The problem with this is not Bayern getting the top players of the Bundesliga, the problem is that they do it for free! So the other clubs don't even get the chance to strengthen themselves again!
I remember Uli Hoeness criticizing Barca and Dembele last summer maybe he was waiting to get him for free like other Dortmund(who are supposed to be their rivals lol) top players. I mean this is ridiculous, his club negotiates with players while they are contracted by other clubs and make deals with them to run out their contracts to then sign them for free. But of course they are the good guys and not like all those bad rich clubs who lure the players with their money. Now what is better for the likes Dortmund? To get 140m for the player or to gift him to Bayern for free?
I relally don't understand how Bayern manage to get all those players for free despite interest from other top clubs in better leagues. Bayern is the Bully of the BuLi.

Last edited:

vlad

Bayern is smart when it comes to economy, why should they care about other clubs, they are doing great job with transfers and still are among top clubs

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem with this is not Bayern getting the top players of the Bundesliga, the problem is that they do it for free! So the other clubs don't even get the chance to strengthen themselves again!
I remember Uli Hoeness criticizing Barca and Dembele last summer maybe he was waiting to get him for free like other Dortmund(who are supposed to be their rivals lol) top players. I mean this is ridiculous, his club negotiates with players while they are contracted by other clubs and make deals with them to run out their contracts to then sign them for free. But of course they are the good guys and not like all those bad rich clubs who lure the players with their money. Now what is better for the likes Dortmund? To get 140m for the player or to gift him to Bayern for free?
I relally don't understand how Bayern manage to get all those players for free despite interest from other top clubs in better leagues. Bayern is the Bully of the BuLi.

Because the players themselves wanted to go to Bayern? That has certainly been for the case for:

-Goetze
-Lewandowski
-Hummels
-Rudy
-Sule
-Wagner
-Goretzka

Some of who were free, the rest were obtained for relatively low transfer fees.

If it can be established and proved that Bayern actually engages with players secretly to encourage them to run out of their contract without renewing so that they can pay 0 money for them, then Bayern should totally be exposed and condemned. Something not completely unthinkable given Bayern's history but I haven't seen any proof yet.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern is smart when it comes to economy, why should they care about other clubs, they are doing great job with transfers and still are among top clubs

Making or allowing Bundesliga to become less and less competitive will bite Bayern in the ass sooner or later.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In the spirit of this discussion, I wish one day we would witness German club teams and fans singing this song again.. :lol:

Zieht den Bayern die Lederhosen aus! (Pull off Bayern's lederhosen!)

[youtube]TyOmnlY00OI[/youtube]

Gilberto

If it can be established and proved that Bayern actually engages with players secretly to encourage them to run out of their contract without renewing so that they can pay 0 money for them, then Bayern should totally be exposed and condemned. Something not completely unthinkable given Bayern's history but I haven't seen any proof yet.
I too wonder if Bayern tell players to let their contract expire beforehand. On the other hand, some good players (Germans especially) who are already playing in the Bundesliga, probably know there is a chance Bayern will be interested in them when their contract expires. Like, come on, guys like Goretzka or Lewandowski knew they were good enough for Bayern, they didn't need Bayern to tell them to sit out the duration of their contract. However, I would like to know how the "slightly less good players" were so confident they could go to Bayern.

[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] haha funny video

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I too wonder if Bayern tell players to let their contract expire beforehand. On the other hand, some good players (Germans especially) who are already playing in the Bundesliga, probably know there is a chance Bayern will be interested in them when their contract expires. Like, come on, guys like Goretzka or Lewandowski knew they were good enough for Bayern, they didn't need Bayern to tell them to sit out the duration of their contract. However, I would like to know how the "slightly less good players" were so confident they could go to Bayern.

[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] haha funny video

Glad that you liked it. It was allegedly from Udo Scholz who was the stadium announcer for Kaiserslautern's Betzenberg stadium, who based the tune on the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine", supposedly a very famous song in the 80's sung by many non-Bayern German fans to showcase their defiance to Bayern. Anything But Bayern, ABB.

Let's revive it! :p

Gilberto

aaaaaaaaah yellow submarine! I recognized the melody but I couldn't quite put my finger on it haha. Cool, thanks for the explanation.

Yannik

It's possible. I even believe that, but not really proven. By FIFA ruling the direct contact to players is forbidden (Barca apparently hasn't figured that one quite out), but of course clubs always agree personal terms with players already before they make any offers. You can't contact the player without his clubs permission when he's above 6 months of his contract, but if you have a representative dining with the agemt of the player, then FIFA can do jackshit about it. Not really a friend of this type of loopholing, but I guess that's just normal football business making.

Last edited:

1993Kaan1993

Bundesliga's problem is not Bayern. but, Schalke, Dortmund. They sell their players for fun. Just look at my team. Rasenball Leipzig, Rangnick just said that we are not a selling club.

BM is stingy.

if BM didn't sign Goretzka, he would move to Barca. it doesn't make sense for Schalke to losing him out to BM or Barca, in any case, they are weakening.

1993Kaan1993

:lol: They were criticizing Barca because of Barca's black propaganda, same thing they also used with Verratti as well.

What you claim is ridicilous, funny and also unrealistic.

1993Kaan1993

Making or allowing Bundesliga to become less and less competitive will bite Bayern in the ass sooner or later.

Yep, you are right. Goretzka's move to Barca or Liverpool would make Bundesliga more competitive. Bundesliga's only chance is my team and our project.

Schalke or Dortmund has no goal to be competitive for BM. yet, we have. You will see it.

Your other claim is ridicilious and crazy. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans