Leon Goretzka

blackrum

Because maybe they'd rather at least get something for him than let him go for free to Bayern. But at the end it's Goretzka's decision where he wants to go. Unless they can convince him to renew his contract which is probably not very likely only thing Schalke can do is to keep him until his contract runs up. If they'll decide for that then they'll demand crazy money like 50M+ in January that no club will want to pay.

You misunderstood my point. If Schalke would sell for 15M then why wouldn't Bayern put in a bid as well? 15M is not much for one of the top German prospects. And if Schalke refuses to sell to them but not to us that would only work for them if Goretzka prefers Barça. And if Schalke are in danger of not making European spots I doubt they'd sell their best player for that amount. Losing out on 15M is probably more acceptable than losing out on European money and competition.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't see him coming here. We need a different type of midfielder and he needs playing time.

Our priority next summer needs to be left winger and a creative midfielder (if we aren't promoting Alena).

How about Dembélé to the left and Griezmann to the right as an inside forward?
Dembélé providing width and Griezmann cutting inside with Semedo bombing forward.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dembélé providing width and Griezmann cutting inside with Semedo bombing forward.

That's an option too but I'd rather get us a goalscorer wing/forward if possible.

Messi983

You misunderstood my point. If Schalke would sell for 15M then why wouldn't Bayern put in a bid as well? 15M is not much for one of the top German prospects. And if Schalke refuses to sell to them but not to us that would only work for them if Goretzka prefers Barça. And if Schalke are in danger of not making European spots I doubt they'd sell their best player for that amount. Losing out on 15M is probably more acceptable than losing out on European money and competition.

Of course Bayern can bid anything that we can. I said that everything is in Goretzka's hands. If he wants to join us then we can either try to make a deal with Schalke in January or wait for him until summer. But in that case we should sign him as soon as possible before he changes his mind.

If he prefers to join Bayern or another club then we can't do much. And Schalke can't either except keeping him for the last 6 months of his contract. I don't know them well enough to know if they maybe already have potential replacement for Goretzka in their team but if they don't (which is most likely the case) then I could totally see Schalke prefer to have him for 6 more months than 15-20M in bank account since they'd have problems to find his replacement in January.

Of course this is everything based on IF we really want him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just one of the players we are "monitoring" and we'll never make a serious bid for him.

Messi983

IF we''ll buy Griezmann then the front four of Messi, Suarez, Dembele and Griezmann would probably change positions all the time so not really important where they'd lineup on the paper. It would be interesting to see if and how that would work but I don't believe we'll go after Griezmann.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's photos of him present at the game. Apparently to watch Goretzka and Tah.

Givenchy

should of got him for cheap in the summer, will probably end up at Bayern knowing our brainless board. hes exactly the type of player we need, sell Gomes and bring him in on a free

Home of Barca Fans