Leon Goretzka

GoodKid

We should buy Harit instead of Goretzka imo. He's relatively unknown, but he's one of the most talented young players out there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not so keep on these flavors of the month. Gomes still burns and this Goretzka sounds exactly like Gomes did for Valencia.
Either trust La Masia (Alena) or go for world-class. No more half-measures please.

clemente

Not so keep on these flavors of the month. Gomes still burns and this Goretzka sounds exactly like Gomes did for Valencia.
Either trust La Masia (Alena) or go for world-class. No more half-measures please.

I heard not even 1 word about Gomes before we bought him, and I am hearing about Goretzka for over a year now. Goretzka is on another level compared to Gomes.

serghei

We should get him. He's good, young, highly rated, and most importantly free. And he's a midfielder, and we're short of quality midfielders. Selling Rakitic and signing this guy would be shrewd business. Even if he doesn't make it, we'll make profit off him.

You have to be some kind of idiot to not get this guy for free in this day an age, where even decent players go for 30m+.

Coutinho and Goretzka and we're improving our midfield quite a bit. Both young players, hungry for success. Exactly the right stuff.

Coutinho, Goretzka, Alena. We only have to pay for the trasnfer for one and we get 3 quality players at 3 different stages in their career. The prime young but already experienced star looking to make the biggest step of his career (Coutinho), the next generation player who aleady has a lot of experience at 22, playing for a top side in Germany and already for his national team, just about to develop himself even more (Goretzka), and the potential midfield great, homegrown talent Alena.

Coutinho/Iniesta/Alena - Busquets/Goretzka/Roberto - Goretzka/Roberto/Alena

With Paulinho also in the mix in several positions. Sell Gomes, Rakitic and Denis Suarez.

Last edited:

Riordon

I doubt we will sell Rakitic anytime soon even though he is underperforming. We just brought Paulinho for 40m. We are not getting two midfielders but our team is really lacking quality in the midfield.

Jorginho/Torreira/Goertzka + Coutinho/Eriksen/Lemar/Fekir + promoting of Alena is really needed next summer. Gomes, Arda, Rafinha, Rakitic have no place in this team. If Denis Suarez is not improving anytime soon, we should consider selling him as well.

BarçaBarça

We should get him. He's good, young, highly rated, and most importantly free. And he's a midfielder, and we're short of quality midfielders. Selling Rakitic and signing this guy would be shrewd business. Even if he doesn't make it, we'll make profit off him.

You have to be some kind of idiot to not get this guy for free in this day an age, where even decent players go for 30m+.

Coutinho and Goretzka and we're improving our midfield quite a bit. Both young players, hungry for success. Exactly the right stuff.

Coutinho, Goretzka, Alena. We only have to pay for the trasnfer for one and we get 3 quality players at 3 different stages in their career. The prime young but already experienced star looking to make the biggest step of his career (Coutinho), the next generation player who aleady has a lot of experience at 22, playing for a top side in Germany and already for his national team, just about to develop himself even more (Goretzka), and the potential midfield great, homegrown talent Alena.

Coutinho/Iniesta/Alena - Busquets/Goretzka/Roberto - Goretzka/Roberto/Alena

With Paulinho also in the mix in several positions. Sell Gomes, Rakitic and Denis Suarez.

I agree that it would be good business: We would make money or team-success no matter the outcome, but I'm not convinced we should do it anyway.
To be young and upcoming is not good enough in itself - is he the right profile at all? I mean, we can't afford to fill the squad with non-fitting players, and I have seen passing-statistics that are quite worrying from him. Why not buy Max Meyer instead? We can't make our player-choices according to business-plans, we need to make them according to what the squad needs. When opportunities are there we should strike: Like we tried to do with Ceballos, but failed. We can't just pick up opportunities if they are not fitting our needs, and I don't see him as a safe barca-fit.

Point is: Better to pay the extra money or get the older player, if he is more proven quality or a better fit. Yes, I'm thinking of Özil. Proven worldclass, and quite cheap assumedly, and last but not least a passing-god, which is something this team really needs. I would still get Coutinho whenever possible, though.

serghei

I agree that it would be good business: We would make money or team-success no matter the outcome, but I'm not convinced we should do it anyway.
To be young and upcoming is not good enough in itself - is he the right profile at all? I mean, we can't afford to fill the squad with non-fitting players, and I have seen passing-statistics that are quite worrying from him. Why not buy Max Meyer instead? We can't make our player-choices according to business-plans, we need to make them according to what the squad needs. When opportunities are there we should strike: Like we tried to do with Ceballos, but failed. We can't just pick up opportunities if they are not fitting our needs, and I don't see him as a safe barca-fit.

Point is: Better to pay the extra money or get the older player, if he is more proven quality or a better fit. Yes, I'm thinking of Özil. Proven worldclass, and quite cheap assumedly, and last but not least a passing-god, which is something this team really needs. I would still get Coutinho whenever possible, though.

He fits well for how we play atm. He is of a similar profile with Rakitic only younger and better atm. Don't think we'll get back to a Pep-inspired style pretty soon, so he can fit in imo. It's up to him really.

We could maybe get Ozil if we fail to get Coutinho and get Griezmann instead, as we wouldn't have money to sign Griezmann, Coutinho and a good CB, plus getting Leon on a free. Coutinho and Ozil won't happen both imo, but Coutinho + Goretzka makes sense.

Last edited:

mia7007

We should offload our midfield first
We have a lot of unused and unneeded players like Arda, Rafinha adding Gomes may be and potentially Rakitic if we gotta quality midfield or even if Valverde sees Roberto as midfielder not RB

Messi983

We should offload our midfield first
We have a lot of unused and unneeded players like Arda, Rafinha adding Gomes may be and potentially Rakitic if we gotta quality midfield or even if Valverde sees Roberto as midfielder not RB

He doesn't.

Messi983

According to BILD Schalke has offered Goretzka a new contract.

BILD learned: Royal Blue has now submitted a final mega offer to national player Leon Goretzka (22) to persuade him to stay: According to Goretzka in the future, the club's internal record fee of up to 12 million euros per year (of which 10 million ) to earn.

In addition, the new contract would include an exit clause in the mid double-digit million range. So Goretzka later has the opportunity to switch to a top club.

So I guess this would be around 50-60M?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He can kiss a move to Bayern or Barca goodbye then.

They're too stingy and we're not going to pay that for someone we wanted for free.

Home of Barca Fans