Man of the Match thread

LeeRomeno

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] I remember some time ago this forum had sort of like yearly overview of the stats in MOM thread. I took liberty (as i could not find anything this season) to make one myself. Here is link for it.

For this who do not care checking it out, some interesting data:
16 MOM awards for Messi is obviously the best record for this season far ahead of anyone else.
6 MOM awards for Umtiti is the second best result and also best result for defender.
4 MOM awards go for Iniesta, being also the best midfielder in this category.

Messi also leads in times being mentioned with whopping 37 games out of 46 total possible.
In this category Busquets is second best with 27, followed by Umtiti and 23, Rakitic with 21 and Alba with 20. Close by are also Roberto and Suarez with 19 and Ter Stegen with 18.

In second sheet i have also calculated all points. It is actually quite relevant as it seems that people are more likely to vote if it is more important game and very little votes go for early Copa games for example. This gives more value in being really good in really important games and gives us a bit different numbers:
Messi leads here as well obviously with 1076 points (from 4275 total points given this season).
Second best (and important) player according to our MOM voters is Umtiti with 360.
Third place belongs to Suarez with 326, interestingly, right until Celta Vigo second Copa game (included) he had gathered only 64 points, so he has stepped up a bit since then.
4th place belongs to Ter Stegen with 276, followed closely by Iniesta (261) and Busquets (250). Rakitic (228), Roberto (213) and Alba (211) finish the above 200 club and what i can call players forum has been relatively happy with. Have to note though that Rakitic had more or less similar status with Suarez and has really come alive in second half of season, while Roberto and Iniesta have dropped off recently.
Paulinho (148), Mascherano (143) and Semedo (136) go to group who have had some excellent games, but have not really been that stable to secure higher position.

Once surprising note is that it took 24 games for Pique to even get mentioned in MOMs, but he has been gaining points steadily ever since and for last 10 or so games have been more or less on Umtitis level. Still, even now, Vermalen, who has played considerably less, has more points than Pique.
Both new guys in Dembele and Coutinho have started rather well, altogether all players from first squad have been mentioned at least once, yes even Gomes and Vidal.

Will try to update the table until end of season to have some conclusions later on.

PS! have to mention Mina as well, has played only 1 game and got MOM for that. GOAT!

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
@Barcaman I remember some time ago this forum had sort of like yearly overview of the stats in MOM thread. I took liberty (as i could not find anything this season) to make one myself. Here is link for it.

For this who do not care checking it out, some interesting data:
16 MOM awards for Messi is obviously the best record for this season far ahead of anyone else.
6 MOM awards for Umtiti is the second best result and also best result for defender.
4 MOM awards go for Iniesta, being also the best midfielder in this category.

Messi also leads in times being mentioned with whopping 37 games out of 46 total possible.
In this category Busquets is second best with 27, followed by Umtiti and 23, Rakitic with 21 and Alba with 20. Close by are also Roberto and Suarez with 19 and Ter Stegen with 18.

In second sheet i have also calculated all points. It is actually quite relevant as it seems that people are more likely to vote if it is more important game and very little votes go for early Copa games for example. This gives more value in being really good in really important games and gives us a bit different numbers:
Messi leads here as well obviously with 1076 points (from 4275 total points given this season).
Second best (and important) player according to our MOM voters is Umtiti with 360.
Third place belongs to Suarez with 326, interestingly, right until Celta Vigo second Copa game (included) he had gathered only 64 points, so he has stepped up a bit since then.
4th place belongs to Ter Stegen with 276, followed closely by Iniesta (261) and Busquets (250). Rakitic (228), Roberto (213) and Alba (211) finish the above 200 club and what i can call players forum has been relatively happy with. Have to note though that Rakitic had more or less similar status with Suarez and has really come alive in second half of season, while Roberto and Iniesta have dropped off recently.
Paulinho (148), Mascherano (143) and Semedo (136) go to group who have had some excellent games, but have not really been that stable to secure higher position.

Once surprising note is that it took 24 games for Pique to even get mentioned in MOMs, but he has been gaining points steadily ever since and for last 10 or so games have been more or less on Umtitis level. Still, even now, Vermalen, who has played considerably less, has more points than Pique.
Both new guys in Dembele and Coutinho have started rather well, altogether all players from first squad have been mentioned at least once, yes even Gomes and Vidal.

Will try to update the table until end of season to have some conclusions later on.

PS! have to mention Mina as well, has played only 1 game and got MOM for that. GOAT!

Cheers mate. Some great info there. :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans