Man of the Match thread

Horatio

You're welcome
This game too many.

Messi, Stegen, Pique, Vermaelen, Paulinho, Rakitic, Roberto. Most players outdid themselves or maintained the high level we are used to seeing.
Even Suarez scored. Vidal came in and scored. Only Busquets looked sloppy. And Gomes brought nothing coming in.

serghei

Very clear to me, as these 3 were the most decisive players in all 3 compartments. Pique ruled the defense, Messi ruled the midfield with his playmaking, and Suarez tormented the Madrid defense like no other player can, basically a nightmare no9 to play against, drove Ramos to a mental breakdown.

Messi
Pique
Suarez

Other notable performers were Roberto (especially 2nd half), Busi (mediocre first half, but superb 2nd), Alba (best LB in the world as of now), Stegen (good save first half, and some other good saves but after the match was already decided in the most part), Iniesta (clearly slower and less sharp than in his prime, but as clever and smart as always), and Rakitic (sharpest version of him I've seen this season).

Person of the match was Valverde though. Back on my favorite list. We all say that we're not that good, but when the top matches come we show up strong and are undefeated. It can't be a coincidence that all of Juve, Madrid, Atletico, Valencia etc. were 2nd best when they played us. This is reminiscent of 2014-15 season, except the team is not as filled with undeniable talent, and if we make a season like that one, Valverde will get much more credit from me than Lucho did at the time, as the team required more work than that one did.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans