Is it time to look at the club's structure?

Ritchie

The way the club is run was always a source of pride (more than a club) but that went with the Qatar deals and shirt sponsorship and Rosell and the grubby board (who were then voted back in). A board who have destroyed Pep and Cruyff's legacy on the pitch.

Barca as a club are breaking. Debt ridden and increasingly vulnerable to the financial might of the Premier League and new money clubs like PSG. An old or mediocre squad of players, while Real Madrid have bought up the best young talent.

It was a source of pride that the club was run by the socis, but the idiot socis have destroyed that by voting in this board twice now. They can no longer be trusted to make key decisions.

I'm not saying sell up to Qatar but things need to change.

Neymessi

well, it is not just now, we have been looking at the club and its antics for a long time. its only now that we are in a deep deep shithole.

It's also more practical than it seems, at least in theory. It means that the club is run in a way that ensures maximum sporting success, rather than to maximize the owner's profit, as that is what the fans want. Again, in theory.

Btw, if Bartomeu actually owned the club, we'd be beyond fucked.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Keep same structure but tweak it- More international socis, make membership easier, reduce board terms to 4 years, easier voting and no confidence motions, regular board appraisals where they have to present their plans for Barca to the socis etc.

I know most of these are wishful thinking though.

Ritchie

RM's run the same way and they're doing just fine.

Barca have let them back in by being so terribly run and making such terrible buys every year.

Under Benitez Real were a mess with Barca winning 4-0 at their ground and miles off the lead. They got a bit lucky with Zidane who learnt from Perez's mistakes from when he was a player and they've had so much luck in the CL the last two seasons to win them both. Barca were useless last season but still took them to the last day in the league. They'll win the league this season because Barca have self destructed. They only won one title in 8 years or so when Barca were good.

Real have their faults too. Personally i'd sacrifice the idiot socis and the structure of the club to have it run by professional people who know what they're doing. The socis can no longer be trusted to have voting rights who've voted twice now for an inept, corrupt board.

Bayern Munich are more the model of how to run a club.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"The people can no longer be trusted to have voting rights." Sorry, but I can't go with that. People will make bad choices but that's not the reason to ban democracy altogether.

Ritchie

"The people can no longer be trusted to have voting rights." Sorry, but I can't go with that. People will make bad choices but that's not the reason to ban democracy altogether.

Voting for this board the first time was a mistake. To vote for a clearly corrupt and inept board a second time was beyond stupid.

This structure is not working. The socis are too easily fooled by conmen.

Yes there needs to be some sort of democracy (Bayern are still bound by 50+1).

And let's be honest, Barca has rarely been well run. Nunez was allowed to run things for all that time (since jailed like Rosell). Gaspart followed him.

Nunez, Gaspart, Rosell, Bart - these are 4 of the last 5 presidents. These pricks are actually voted in to destroy the club. This isn't a one off. It's history repeating.

If Barca were run properly they'd have had more than one CL before 2006. They wouldn't have gone most of the 60s, 70s and 80s without winning a title. Look at the mess the club were in on and off the pitch when Laporta first became president. The genius of Cruyff as a player and manager saved Barca. Now it's the genius of Messi.

Last edited:

Vialli_92

Barcelona have one of the worst structures for a top club I have seen.

Everything seems so random and not very well thought out, chasing Coutinho all summer instead of buying 3-4 good quality players to improve the team is really a huge mistake.

The defence and midfield is all over the place as well as having no replacement for Neymar.

Now that the golden generation are all pretty much finished apart from Messi, Barcelona just look lost on how to rebuild

Vilarrubi

Barcelona have one of the worst structures for a top club I have seen.

Everything seems so random and not very well thought out, chasing Coutinho all summer instead of buying 3-4 good quality players to improve the team is really a huge mistake.

The defence and midfield is all over the place as well as having no replacement for Neymar.

Now that the golden generation are all pretty much finished apart from Messi, Barcelona just look lost on how to rebuild

What do you mean by 3-4 good quality players? We thought we were doing that last season and weakened the squad, only Umtiti was a good signing.

Any player which will improve is will be near 100m in this market and they are not simple transfers, they usually drag on like this.

Vialli_92

What do you mean by 3-4 good quality players? We thought we were doing that last season and weakened the squad, only Umtiti was a good signing.

Any player which will improve is will be near 100m in this market and they are not simple transfers, they usually drag on like this.

So you're saying no player under 100 million can improve Barcelona's midfield or defence?

Vilarrubi

So you're saying no player under 100 million can improve Barcelona's midfield or defence?

Defence is fine. Midfield is all over the place and will put less presssure on the defence once it's sorted.

We've got around 140m to spend, if we spent that on 3/4 players like you said we're looking at 30/40m players.. which we did last season and got nowhere with.

I said near 100m not 100m and nothing less.. If you look at the profile of player which would fit us and improve us in midfield you're looking at Verratti, Coutinho, Eriksen.. all those would have been 100 at least..

Home of Barca Fans