Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 2-0

Hektor

Good win but it wasn't that impressive. As usual messi was brilliant and so unlucky not to score. Also I thought Roberto was impressive on the left and deulefeou(i hate trying to remember how to spell his name on the laptop) was decent but he's never a Barca starter if we can get get dembele. Better than Alcacer though

That means, at least to me, that he is pressing too much and wants to score the perfect goal.

In my youth, literally last century, I used to play right back in amateur leagues. I always believed that you have to trust your abilities and you are as good as you practice. If I was open and near the goal, I shot. I did not think that much about it. I was horrible at penalties, though - too much time to think. However, I never played against these professional quality of goalies. It is not enough to shoot with direction, you have to shoot with power. I strongly believe that I would have never scored against these goalies. In amateur leagues, they usually put their least talented player under the posts.

eaman

That means, at least to me, that he is pressing too much and wants to score the perfect goal.

In my youth, literally last century, I used to play right back in amateur leagues. I always believed that you have to trust your abilities and you are as good as you practice. If I was open and near the goal, I shot. I did not think that much about it. I was horrible at penalties, though - too much time to think. However, I never played against these professional quality of goalies. It is not enough to shoot with direction, you have to shoot with power. I strongly believe that I would have never scored against these goalies. In amateur leagues, they usually put their least talented player under the posts.

No way. Messi has always favoured precision over power and it has worked more often than not. Also his precision shots have plenty of power in them. The last shot he hit the post with had incredible power in it. Messi can hit a ball anyway he likes. There isn't another player with the different array of technique he has

Last edited:

Hektor

No way. Messi has always favoured precision over power and it has worked more often than not. Also his precision shots have plenty of power in them. The last shot he hit the post with had incredible power in it. Messi can hit a ball anyway he likes. There isn't another player with the different array of technique he has

I agree. That is why he has to trust his abilities and not try to score the perfect goal. That's the reason he is hitting so many times the goal posts. What, it has been five times in two games?

I know he has perfect technique. You have to if you are going to score so many goals against these excellent professional goalies. Even Messi takes something off the shot or tries to hit it with more power, If you shoot with more power, any little mistake you make, it is magnified. For example, if you hit a bit under the ball, you send it to stands. That is why you take a bit off the shot. With the goal empty or half empty, what they teach you to do is to make a "pass" to the back of the goal and not try to kill the ball. I cannot believe how many players try to drill a hole in the net, with the goal open and miss the stadium, not just the goal. I was not good dribbling, but I could shoot.

Last edited:

Kuchi

3 pts and all, as most of you can already see it, next weekend we play away and our attack is at the level of a relegation team, bar Messi who will be struggling against 4 defenders constantly...no genius coach required to stop us offensively..

gatsu

Good result. But don't get things wrong this is the worst barca I've seen in ages, even worst than Rijkaard last season barca, and seri alone will not be enough to fix the midfield.

Playing like yesterday we will struggle in every away game.

MagIX

Good result, 3 points. Meaningless match in term of evaluation of our team.
imo, at the moment we are far behind to be a top team.

draconifire

Gerrard was good, started slow, gave some headaches but then grew as the game progressed, showed in him with his confidence growing. Hopefully will carry on with the next game. D10S was as good as always, but he was the only actuall threat in front of the goal and creating which is a bit worring consider this was Betis. Somedo was a beast and I'm pretty pleased we bought him. Defence was fine except for couple of times.

JackaL

Well just because we lost against RM doesn't mean we can't beat any side in La Liga, especially at home. It was a good game and I liked Delofeu's game yesterday, at least he showed some signs of being a good sub when we need to rest other players. The issue still stands, we need some solid transfers, unless we want to lose another season without any significant trophies with Messi in our squad.

The market does not want to sell to Barcelona, which is clear now. Even with the signings of Dembele and/or Coutinho or whatever player you want to dream about, this is a season we need to perform well and be lucky (even more than is normally needed in football) to be successful. It would have looked totally different if we were able to sign Verrati and not lose Neymar of course. You still got to hate Neymar leaving in a time when he was perfectly prepared for European football and we coulnd't fully benefit from his experience. The 222 mil, including that perspective, is nowhere near what he'd be worth to this team.

Home of Barca Fans