Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 2-0

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Okay performance. Liked how Roberto played and I was impressed by Semedo's debut for us. Messi was quite unlucky the post denied him 3 times.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Attendance: 56,480

Well, that's sad.

Anyways.. Match was solid considering the weakened side and off the pitch distractions. Messi was great (as usual) and I was happy with Deu and Roberto too. Midfield worked hard but Messi had to drop deep again.

ebc_99

Pretty good performance, Deu will be good for us as a solid backup providing we get Dembele, and Seri will add control to the midfield and hopefully Roberto will start alongside him. Semedo looks great and our bench isn't that bad with guys like Denis, Deu and Iniesta to come on. I think bad management was our main problem last year and I hope Valverde is the answer. Still pretty optimistic that we can win La Liga at this point providing we can get Dembele and Seri.

LeeRomeno

Decent game, all those hating Paco, he was obviously very pissed of his performance as well, was showing when he was subbed, that is always a good sign imho.
He will have more chances as Suarez will be gone for a while.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We're lacking some serious pace after Neymar left. Went from the best attack in the world to one of the slowest.

Gnidrologist

Yes, that's hilarious. This side can easily win such games at home, but we will be in big trouble playing away with good teams with Deulofeu and Paco. Dembele and one good midfielder are MUST signings to save the season.
Agree about Paco, but not Delufeu. People are massively overrating Dembele and we absolutely should not pay 150 for a fucking teenager, who only looks promising. He looks shit against better teams too. Has the same problems Delu had with pointless dribbling and loosing ball. He seems great because playing in crap Bundesliga, where teams can't or wont defend for shit. He can probably be good, but that is only to be seen and 150 mil almost whole Neymar money ffs. He isn't worth even half that sum We DO need a deep playmaker in place of Rakitic and we don't have money to have them both.
And by God, Paco is indeed a disaster. It seems he has absolutely no clue what to do on the field. His positioning and decision making is amateurish.

As for the overall play i certainly like this style better than Lucho's. It's very close to Pep's and what we lack is quality in the middle of the park, because Rakitic just doesn't cut it neither as attacking or central midfielder, he is only good at chasing ball and tackling, while Roberto while good, is just entirely different style of guy to be holding mid. Also defense seems a little shaky with making too many risky decisions.

booge

Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta, David Villa

Deulofeu, Roberto, Rakatic, Paco

There's your problem there Barca. That's why Messi looks pissed n drunked up.

Home of Barca Fans