Carlos Soler

mdenci

DoB: 2. 1. 1997.
Nationality: Spain
Club: Valencia
Position: MC

I know that we have certain aversion to Valencia players since Andre Gomes, but this kid is younger so maybe we can reshape him.
He is dubbed the new David Silva, although he is a bit taller.

JamDav1982

He is playing right now, very impressive showing from him vs Las Palmas. Grabbed an assist in the 1st half so far. He is definetly one to watch

Yeah he had a very good game and works hard off the ball as well.

First time seen Valencia look like a team and belief from their fans in a few years.

Giid to see La Liga needs a good Valencia side.

Messi983

Yeah he had a very good game and works hard off the ball as well.

First time seen Valencia look like a team and belief from their fans in a few years.

Giid to see La Liga needs a good Valencia side.

It's first time in years they have an actual coach. Marcelino will make them competitive again.

Moe

powered by;
How come of all the Valencia players we bought or were linked to Carlos Soler isn't one of them??

xXKonan

How come of all the Valencia players we bought or were linked to Carlos Soler isn't one of them??
Actually Robert tried to sign him a year ago before his contract extension. from what Ferran Martinez I believe said he wanted Soler-Alena to be the future of our Midfield but he signed a new contract and that was it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will wait a couple of seasons on him, but he's going from strength to strength.

If he proves himself to be a WC talent, we should be all over it.

Barça should be all over the best Spanish midfield talents.

Stop letting Real Madrid poach them all.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Will wait a couple of seasons on him, but he's going from strength to strength.

If he proves himself to be a WC talent, we should be all over it.

Barça should be all over the best Spanish midfield talents.

Stop letting Real Madrid poach them all.

If you were a football agent and your 19 years old client has offers from Barca & RM,which one you will let him go?
Honestly, I would say RM, they have been doing much better lately in developing their talents,knew where to let their players develop which is key.
I gave an example with our latest CB Cuenca, we have beaten RM for him after he got promoted with Alcorcon. But rather letting him develop their we brought him in Barca B while signing older CB for Gerard to be starter.
Our policy of having B team full of talents competing against themselves (and older veteran players) should come to an end. Young players doesn't need to compete against themselves, there are plenty of other clubs that would gladly take them for a couple of years and developing them for you.
We can attract 22 and older players who know where they stand now and know they will be costly like Paco,Gomes etc.
I feel bad for Rovert tbh, he tried for many of the top talents out there and always came for an empty hand. He is paying for other mistakes )in addition to his own)

Anyway, Soler is surely a player to keep an eye on

DonAK

If you were a football agent and your 19 years old client has offers from Barca & RM,which one you will let him go?
Honestly, I would say RM, they have been doing much better lately in developing their talents,knew where to let their players develop which is key.
I gave an example with our latest CB Cuenca, we have beaten RM for him after he got promoted with Alcorcon. But rather letting him develop their we brought him in Barca B while signing older CB for Gerard to be starter.
Our policy of having B team full of talents competing against themselves (and older veteran players) should come to an end. Young players doesn't need to compete against themselves, there are plenty of other clubs that would gladly take them for a couple of years and developing them for you.
We can attract 22 and older players who know where they stand now and know they will be costly like Paco,Gomes etc.
I feel bad for Rovert tbh, he tried for many of the top talents out there and always came for an empty hand. He is paying for other mistakes )in addition to his own)

Anyway, Soler is surely a player to keep an eye on

That's more on Pep Segura than Robert though. Segura is in charge of Barca B and Juvenil when it comes to signing players and everything else.

I don't know what Gerard is doing. He keep playing the same awful CB duo game after game despite them doing bad. What is the use of their experience if they don't perform well? I think Pep Segura should remind Gerard that while good results is nice too, his job is also about developing young talent and that they should get the chance over underperforming experienced players.

My point about Madrid poaching midfield or young talents was more related to the 1st team though. When it comes to our youth teams we're probably still ahead of them, but players such as Isco, Asensio, Ceballos despite being a dickhead, and other Spanish talent are players Barca should sign or at least compete to sign. We never competed for Isco and dropped signing Asensio despite former player and legend Miguel Angel Nadal(Rafa Nadal's uncle) who was their director at that time in Mallorca begging us to sign him. Those are mistakes we should never make again which is why we should keep a close eye on Soler and players like him who come through other teams' youth systems.

Barca should also keep their top talent which they managed so far in Alenya. At least they learned something from the Thiago situation I guess.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Think the likes of Cuenca,Bueno etc may have been intended to be used in the Barca C. Team that never came into fruition.

DonAK

Think the likes of Cuenca,Bueno etc may have been intended to be used in the Barca C. Team that never came into fruition.

Yes, because Pep Segura shit the bed in negotiations with Llagostera while Valencia made a deal instead.

It'll hamper their progress now. Gerard should give them a chance over Fali and Martinez.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

My point about Madrid poaching midfield or young talents was more related to the 1st team though. When it comes to our youth teams we're probably still ahead of them, but players such as Isco, Asensio, Ceballos despite being a dickhead, and other Spanish talent are players Barca should sign or at least compete to sign. We never competed for Isco and dropped signing Asensio despite former player and legend Miguel Angel Nadal(Rafa Nadal's uncle) who was their director at that time in Mallorca begging us to sign him. Those are mistakes we should never make again which is why we should keep a close eye on Soler and players like him who come through other teams' youth systems.

Asensio signing is exactly my point, basically I kind of agree with what you said few months ago about Davison (we should offered him loan or 1st team football from the start)
One of the reasons (or excuses) of not signing him was that he was going to B team and we had Adama there. tbh -and I am speculating here- I doubt Asensio would have had same success with us he had with RM
I think we could have poached a player like Soler if we had more ambitious offer.
What many clubs has been doing successfully in past few years is letting other clubs develop players, we ourselves has been trying that but we fail in two aspects
1- loaning player for right club (many wrong choices, albeit some good ones)
2-Being hell bent on getting every one we sign into B team first

Which is still very wrong, both players were starting to get 1st team football before we signed them. sending them to C team doesn't make much sense

serghei

Madrid is already stuffed with talent in midfield. There's not enough room for another without fucking up the balance. How do you give time to Kovacic, Casemiro, Asensio, Isco, Ceballos and a potential other midfielder at the same time, and that's not even counting Kroos who's far from old as well, or even Modric who still has 2 season in him minimum. We should be signing whatever top midfield talents become available in La Liga, simply because Madrid is stacked there. We only have Alena as a great midfield talent. There's room for at least 1-2 more. I think we'll sign some soon.

Andresito

Staff member
A trick straight from Bartomeu's books.

Leaked audio from Anil Murthy (Valencia president): "Carlos Soler told me he wanted to leave since the start of the season. I told him that he would have to leave money at the club. If he left for free, I told him I would pay 100,000 euros for the press to attack him."

Home of Barca Fans